Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September Banter 2021

George BM

9 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

That’s nuts. Was it a wooden wheel?

No - a century on one of those bikes WOULD be nots.  Rode it on my 1886 Columbia Ordinary (aka penny farthing).  Big front wheel and little back wheel.  Have a "bone shaker" bike with the wood spoke wheels from circa 1860, but no way to ride a century on one of those, even in my spry youth.  Those bone shakers have metal bands around the wheels, which provide almost zero grip on asphalt.  They are actually far more dangerous to ride than the high wheel.  

For the Century I hooked up with a group of about 35 riders from the USA's Wheelmen antique bicycle club for the century ride in Germany.  (I was living in Frankfurt at the time)  During the time it took me to ride my century, there was a dude from California who nearly rode a double, but ran out of time.  Their group was on a Rhein River Cruise on the way to Amsterdam from an International Antique Bicycle Rally in Switzerland.  I hooked up with the same group for the Rally too which was an unworldly event with high wheel races on a Swiss military airport and other nonsense.  More about that if you're interested...   

Idk what's worse; having a quick turnaround this morning after working a swing shift, or watching the Ravens defensive and offensive fronts look like complete and utter garbage for the umpteenth time in the past several years. I'm starting to realize that our scouting team are complete dog water when assessing OL talent outside the 1st round. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MillvilleWx said:

Idk what's worse; having a quick turnaround this morning after working a swing shift, or watching the Ravens defensive and offensive fronts look like complete and utter garbage for the umpteenth time in the past several years. I'm starting to realize that our scouting team are complete dog water when assessing OL talent outside the 1st round. 

Luckily I was unable to watch that mess over here. A lot of work to do, and the Chiefs are up next. 0-2 start looking likely.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Stormfly said:

Some impressive boomers last night over northern PA.

I thought I had State College site selected in Radarscope.  Nope!  When they show up like that (so far from the nexrad site) you have some serious height!

It is a shame radarscope does not work in Germany. I am studying there for 4 months and trying to figure out a good radar website lol.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mappy said:

Hope everyone is having a great week

Trying to.  Been on hold with the IRS for the past hour.  I paid my taxes late (it was like $200 -- I hadn't gotten one of my stimulus payments when I did my taxes way back in February when you could first start doing them, and I got a refund of like 300 dollars... 2 months later and the IRS was like nope, nice try, here's what you really owe -- I had finally gotten my last stimulus check by then.)  Anyway, I forgot to pay... so I did last month online and took screenshots and all.  Got a letter today saying I hadn't paid yet and I owed money still.  I am like hol' up no sir... so waiting with all my info to talk to an actual person.

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, yoda said:

Trying to.  Been on hold with the IRS for the past hour.  I paid my taxes late (it was like $200 -- I hadn't gotten one of my stimulus payments when I did my taxes way back in February when you could first start doing them, and I got a refund of like 300 dollars... 2 months later and the IRS was like nope, nice try, here's what you really owe -- I had finally gotten my last stimulus check by then.)  Anyway, I forgot to pay... so I did last month online and took screenshots and all.  Got a letter today saying I hadn't paid yet and I owed money still.  I am like hol' up no sir... so waiting with all my info to talk to an actual person.

Ugh sorry friend 

6 hours ago, yoda said:

We can't even get them on the phone.   Turns out we made an error in 2017 and they've been taking it out of my wife's check.  No notice or anything.  People notice when they're missing 2k on a check or ten. 

16 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

^so cool! We all watched the livestream 

Had no idea it was launching. Sadly a thin layer of clouds when it came by so didn’t show up well in pics, but the engine dropping startled us lol just a big bright orange ball falling into the ocean 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, yoda said:

you can negotiate a payment plan with their automated system.  I have done it twice now!  I owed $52,000 last year...

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic