Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Ghost of Ida Impacts Thread

WxWatcher007

1 hour ago, DavisStraight said:

Every house I inspected today had water in their basement and all of then said I never got water in my basement.

Everyone I know got water in their basement.

That said, everyone tells a housing inspector the water in their basement is unusual, surely. Oh, this? It's practically a swimming pool down here, surprised the place is still standing!

8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

That’s convective. The products you had were synoptic. It was 30-40 like what most expected.

How do you know that? I think I gusted 50 plus in that severe Tstorm. If you look at the Euro winds there was a supercell that followed a path. Just too far north, instead of Cape Ann it was the Cape. Multiple reports of 50s on the south coast as well.

11 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

How do you know that? I think I gusted 50 plus in that severe Tstorm. If you look at the Euro winds there was a supercell that followed a path. Just too far north, instead of Cape Ann it was the Cape. Multiple reports of 50s on the south coast as well.

It was showing winds way too strong north of the front. I think that’s what most of us were trying to say. 

5 hours ago, WinterWolf said:

That’s funny cuz you had a lil more than I did from the daytime stuff.  But that band came up through here between 10:30pm and 1:00am that just went nuts. And ended up pushing me up over 6” ending with 6.1” here. 

yeah that area of crazy rainfall barely made it here, it tried but kept "drying" up until the last minute. That is ok though, almost 11 inches the last 30 days is more than enough

What a horrible way to go.  Sucked into a 36-inch storm sewer pipe.  

“Police in South Plainfield said they were helping drivers in the flooded area of Hadley Road and Stelton Road around 9:40 p.m. Wednesday when they heard a woman crying out for help, “about (Reddy) being swept into a 36-inch storm sewer pipe.”

Officers, with help from the Middlesex County Water Rescue Team and police units from Piscataway, determined that Reddy and another man were being swept into the pipe — which travels under Stelton Road from South Plainfield to Piscataway.

Emergency units were able to rescue one of the two men. Reddy was found the next morning in a wooded area behind the 1300 block of Centennial Ave. in Piscataway, police said.”

• Sad 2

Just now, powderfreak said:

What a horrible way to go.  Sucked into a 36-inch storm sewer pipe.  

“Police in South Plainfield said they were helping drivers in the flooded area of Hadley Road and Stelton Road around 9:40 p.m. Wednesday when they heard a woman crying out for help, “about (Reddy) being swept into a 36-inch storm sewer pipe.”

Officers, with help from the Middlesex County Water Rescue Team and police units from Piscataway, determined that Reddy and another man were being swept into the pipe — which travels under Stelton Road from South Plainfield to Piscataway.

Emergency units were able to rescue one of the two men. Reddy was found the next morning in a wooded area behind the 1300 block of Centennial Ave. in Piscataway, police said.”

There was a story several years back of a 11 year old kid who was swept into a drain in LA that emptied into the Ocean, he survived a 3 mile drain pipe ride totally unharmed. Wheeee. Best water slide ever

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

...Portsmouth, R.I.

34094.jpeg

34095.jpeg

34096.jpeg

So this is or was (as of tomorrow) my neighborhood. Our old house was cut off with this wash out. My house is behind one of the one you see looking up the hill. Not there to see the damage. My understanding is the road was mostly repaired by late afternoon 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, S&P said:

So this is or was (as of tomorrow) my neighborhood. Our old house was cut off with this wash out. My house is behind one of the one you see looking up the hill. Not there to see the damage. My understanding is the road was mostly repaired by late afternoon 

You’re moving right? Where too?