Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Ghost of Ida Impacts Thread

WxWatcher007

2 minutes ago, Mr. Windcredible! said:

Crushed everywhere. But yeah, a little over 2” in 30 minutes here.

Same thing here in Essex CT, I've never witnessed rain like this ever. Just unbelievable it just keeps coming down torrential. All the gutter are overflowing, 6 inches of standing water in the yard. And Lightning just missed the house hit the trees across the road, I keep checking the basement for flooding ...

2 hours ago, bristolri_wx said:

It is quite amazing how often the "exhaust" zone in these events ends up over RI, even if it's transient - while its total chaos to the east and the west of us...

Yeah, I'm going to file this and my earlier comments under be careful what you wish for. 

Still happy we got a break.. but, It is lunacy right now. Torrential rain, and eratic wind, like, totally calm then a downdraft and raining sideways for seconds. The wind woke me up and I looked at the radar to find the tornado icon.

I can tell it hasnt rained too much so far, but if it does this for a couple hours, it's still a lot of rain.

• Like 1

Fun night here. Power out as @Snowaddict28noted. An hour after we fell asleep all of the smoke alarms (which are wired) in this rental went off. After trying to turn them off one by one (by popping batter open) I found one with water in it. Assuming that caused it to malfunction, setting the other ones off??? I don’t think there is any logical source for CO.

4 minutes ago, hooralph said:

Fun night here. Power out as @Snowaddict28noted. An hour after we fell asleep all of the smoke alarms (which are wired) in this rental went off. After trying to turn them off one by one (by popping batter open) I found one with water in it. Assuming that caused it to malfunction, setting the other ones off??? I don’t think there is any logical source for CO.

Unhook the one with water and get them back on and that should tell the tale.  I’m not sure how you can get CO with no heating outside of a hot water heater but someone ITT will know for sure.

Still dark outside, of course, so can not see the Bantam River that passes by my house, but the rushing water is loud... Louder than I've ever heard it.

But have not lost power, and haven't heard any trees come crashing down for a long time, the radar here is clear, and there is a cool breeze coming through the window...

1 hour ago, hooralph said:

Just awoke to it back on thankfully. Guessing the same for you. Seemed like a substation issue to me considering half of Milford went dark at the exact same time.

Man, the firehose of moisture continues..I can only imagine what the final tally will be once this finally tapers off but my goodness, this has lived up the to the hype and then some. Couple good bolts of lightning as well caught me off guard earlier. This will be one summer to remember for sure when it comes to moisture!