Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Hurricane Ida's Remnants

SnowenOutThere

2 minutes ago, CasualObserver said:

Is that where the covered bridge flooded out? I heard something on the news, but didn't quite pick up where it was.

No covered bridge in Baker Park. It is downtown Frederick, runs through the middle of the city. 

1 minute ago, toolsheds said:

Wasn't Baker park created to be flood runoff?  I thought that was its purpose, and it does that very well. 

No Baker park has always been here. But it used to flood regularly as Carroll Creek runs through it. The city many years ago after a big flood invested in a water diversion system. The creek has spill ways into underground tunnels that helps to carry flood waters away. The creek runs through and does not flood. Carrol Creek Linear Park is the other park it attaches to. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Mattie was right. I am a drama queen. :lol:

It was gusty and brought down some dead branches, and got me over the 1" mark. And here comes the next line. Rumbling.

lol you? I was double warned, at the same time, earlier and posted like a weenie

saw a good video from Hurlock, decent tornado 

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Overall...isn't it kinda hard to get tornados in cities anyway? (buildings?)

St. Louis gets them on occasion, the most memorable in the past decade being the one in April 2011 that hit the airport and tore off a chunk of the main terminal's roof.  The Cardinals game had to be put on hold in order to shelter-in-place everyone in Busch Stadium.

I witnessed the Edmonton EF4 of 1987.

11 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

No covered bridge in Baker Park. It is downtown Frederick, runs through the middle of the city. 

No Baker park has always been here. But it used to flood regularly as Carroll Creek runs through it. The city many years ago after a big flood invested in a water diversion system. The creek has spill ways into underground tunnels that helps to carry flood waters away. The creek runs through and does not flood. Carrol Creek Linear Park is the other park it attaches to. 

May have been Loys Station Covered Bridge east of Thurmont. 

11 minutes ago, fourseasons said:

St. Louis gets them on occasion, the most memorable in the past decade being the one in April 2011 that hit the airport and tore off a chunk of the main terminal's roof.  The Cardinals game had to be put on hold in order to shelter-in-place everyone in Busch Stadium.

I witnessed the Edmonton EF4 of 1987.

St. Louis Arena tornado damage from 1959...

1959 Tornado Globe photo.jpeg

1959 Tornado inside Arena.jpeg

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic