Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Hurricane Ida's Remnants

SnowenOutThere

10 minutes ago, MDphotog said:

An old neighbor in Walkersville posted a vid of our old street flooded out so I'm not surprised.  Looks like more rain is on the way too. Boooo  

I don't doubt it. I have yet to look at Ballanger Creek which is behind my house. Elmer Derr Rd on the S-curve usually gets flooded pretty bad. 

8 minutes ago, Poodleusier said:

Just emptied the CoCoRaHS rain gauge on my deck here in Ballenger Creek (Frederick, MD).  4.05" since midnight.  My Acurite Atlas rain gauge came up with 3.89" so far.

Hey there neighbor! My Ambient is sitting at 4.52" since midnight. 

3 minutes ago, mappy said:

This is FCPS yes? If so, what a horrible mistake not dismissing earlier 

oh wow..  I feel bad now for yelling at the secretary at my kids school when they closed early.  I thought it was a COVID thing and I sort of lost it on her.. then she said.. its because of the weather.. and I felt like an ass.. 

5 minutes ago, blueberryfaygo said:

oh wow..  I feel bad now for yelling at the secretary at my kids school when they closed early.  I thought it was a COVID thing and I sort of lost it on her.. then she said.. its because of the weather.. and I felt like an ass.. 

Why would that be the secretary's fault even if it was for COVID...? Not her choice. My mom was an attendance secretary in MCPS for years and would get calls like "WELL WHEN IS THE SNOW STARTING?" "HOW DARE YOU CLOSE I'M INCONVENIENCED" - it was the most unpleasant part of her job. Thankfully she's retired now. 

Feels like that's similar to getting pissed off at the hostess for the chef poisoning your food...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, blueberryfaygo said:

that’s because that was a very ass like thing to do. SMH. 

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, blueberryfaygo said:

of course you did.  Yelling at someone who is just trying to do their job every day.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic