Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Hurricane Ida's Remnants

SnowenOutThere

7 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

There could be some clearing in the wake of the tornadic activity earlier based on satellite. The stuff to the west and southwest definitely bears watching for now. 

I'm finally getting EJ sun  Its still really muggy out.  Might not be totally done.

20 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

A couple more from Southern HS. 

image.jpeg.056ed24000e61240b4e98692b999c392.jpeg

image.jpeg.bfff098394047cfccd6a7338d031885c.jpeg

And it happened around the time school would have been letting out? 
I’m reminded of a tornado in Chicago way back in the 60s that stuck a school when it was letting out and I think a dozen students died. I think it plowed right through the school bus lot. It was an F4. — this wasn’t anything near that strong I’m pretty sure (unless the same people who initially surveyed LaPlata in 2002 and gave it an F5 survey it) — but still, dodged one here. 

here it is, the Belvedere tornado

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1967_Oak_Lawn_tornado_outbreak

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, 09-10 analogy said:

I’m reminded of a tornado in Chicago way back in the 60s that stuck a school when it was letting out and I think a couple dozen students died. I think it plowed right through the school bus lot. It was an F4. — this wasn’t anything near that strong I’m pretty sure (unless the same people who initially surveyed LaPlata in 2002 and gave it an F5 survey it) — but still, dodged one here. 

High school would have gotten out earlier

5 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

AACPS never sent out word to its employees. They never closed early. As far as I know, a lot of them were in the building.

Don't know about AACPS, but I was on a video meeting with AACo at the time and they said they had to finish up because they were getting a tornado warning. I believe they're located next door to Dept of Ed.

Was about a little before 2:00pm I think.

eta: Well, the storm would have been at South County a little before reaching the Annapolis/Parole facility, so take that into consideration I guess.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 09-10 analogy said:

I’m reminded of a tornado in Chicago way back in the 60s that stuck a school when it was letting out and I think a couple dozen students died. I think it plowed right through the school bus lot. It was an F4. — this wasn’t anything near that strong I’m pretty sure (unless the same people who initially surveyed LaPlata in 2002 and gave it an F5 survey it) — but still, dodged one here. 

La Plata 2002 hit Archbishop Neale head on, but in 1926 a tornado on November 9th took out a school in La Plata and killed 14

1 minute ago, Kmlwx said:

TOR watch remains for MoCo and places east. Would seem to indicate the threat is still there for spinnys for now. 

I'll say this:   there seems to be some agreement that this line to our west will sweep through in a few hours.    The HRRR hodographs are garbage, but even though the 18z NAM Nest weakens the shear, it keeps the sfc winds more backed, and I can't rule out a TOR or two if that solution ends up correct.

7 minutes ago, high risk said:

I'll say this:   there seems to be some agreement that this line to our west will sweep through in a few hours.    The HRRR hodographs are garbage, but even though the 18z NAM Nest weakens the shear, it keeps the sfc winds more backed, and I can't rule out a TOR or two if that solution ends up correct.

Probably have a slightly elevated threat in spots where there's localized wind direction enhancement (near the Potomac, the Bay, etc). 

3 minutes ago, Poodleusier said:

Just emptied the CoCoRaHS rain gauge on my deck here in Ballenger Creek (Frederick, MD).  4.05" since midnight.  My Acurite Atlas rain gauge came up with 3.89" so far.

another batch rolling in here.  there will be 5"+ spots around this area when all is said and done, probably easily.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic