Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Hurricane Ida's Remnants

SnowenOutThere

1 minute ago, Mrs.J said:

FCPS MD messed up! Horrible conditions for these kids to be out in. Ponding water all over. Walking kids were drenched. Parking lot in front of the school on Ballenger Creek Pike. Horrible horrible decision. 

Any school system on the east side of the Potomac that didn't dismiss early made a mistake today.    The Annapolis tornado hit right around dismissal time.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, kgottwald said:

Leaving work, there was a little patch of blue sky. Started raining within a few minutes.  I had hoped, on my walk to the Dunn Loring Harris Teeter, to miss the heavy rain, but of course that shit had to park itself right over me. Christ, I hate this ****ing climate. 

Why are you complaining about climate when it's just very localized weather?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, high risk said:

The only event I can recall is the April 27-28, 2011 event when we were under a tornado watch here for over 20 straight hours.     But that was an instance of SPC continually reissuing the box.     I can't recall an event with two separate events (with a break in between) requiring tornado watches on the same day before.

11 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

Random question, but has the area ever been under two separate tornado watches in one day? I can't recall that ever happening. One is pretty rare around here.

Ivan, 2005. There was one other event that I can't recall off the top of my head.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, high risk said:

Any school system on the east side of the Potomac that didn't dismiss early made a mistake today.    The Annapolis tornado hit right around dismissal time.

Fortunately, AACPS students aren’t in school yet, but they JUST canceled school sponsored evening activities.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, high risk said:

I don’t know if you saw my other post but while sitting in the parking lot caught this radar grab. 

FA9864F1-BA35-4B2E-AF8C-357BC4F1F866.png

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic