Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Hurricane Ida's Remnants

SnowenOutThere

8 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

Whatever you do, don't listen to the quote in your signature..

But in all seriousness, stay safe

thanks. warned one to my west is cancelled, east one is SUPER CLOSE but should miss me just on the other side of 83

pouring rain

@mappy I could see rotation in that cell warned in NW BaltCo now when it passes further south on my way home. That’s twice this summer I saw what I thought was clear signs of tornadic potential but the storm wasn’t warned so I just blew it off only to have the cell warned a few minutes later. A couple years ago I got pictures of a funnel cloud near my house from a storm that NEVER got warned!  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

@mappy I could see rotation in that cell warned in NW BaltCo now when it passes further south on my way home. That’s twice this summer I saw what I thought was clear signs of tornadic potential but the storm wasn’t warned so I just blew it off only to have the cell warned a few minutes later. A couple years ago I got pictures of a funnel cloud near my house from a storm that NEVER got warned!  

it seemed broad on radar. The one warned east of me just skirted by. Absolutely pouring though. 

warning has been cancelled. 

With tornadoes to the East and North of DC I have to wonder if that supercell overnight caused there to be less instability over the immediate suburbs, if anyone who knew what was going on would answer I would be grateful. Also if that is not it then what is causing storms to be lackluster in the immediate DC area even when areas to the north have tors(besides crapvection because areas to the north have had that too so I just dont understand why they have tors and DC does not)? 

1 minute ago, osfan24 said:

Random question, but has the area ever been under two separate tornado watches in one day? I can't recall that ever happening. One is pretty rare around here.

The only event I can recall is the April 27-28, 2011 event when we were under a tornado watch here for over 20 straight hours.     But that was an instance of SPC continually reissuing the box.     I can't recall an event with two separate events (with a break in between) requiring tornado watches on the same day before.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, mappy said:

it seemed broad on radar. The one warned east of me just skirted by. Absolutely pouring though. 

warning has been cancelled. 

Yea when I noticed what appeared to be rotation I checked but didn’t see much on radar, no warning, so figured must not be much. I guess NWS did pick up something though because they then warned that “cell” if you can even call it that, a few mins later. 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic