Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Hurricane Ida's Remnants

SnowenOutThere

13 minutes ago, frd said:

Watch that cluster of heavy storms North of Richmand as it moves NNE.  

Tornado watch is up a few miles to my West in Maryland.  

Hope to get active later this afternoon.  Maybe the tornado watch will be expanded to cover the three counties in Delaware later.  

Map of Forecast Area

I’d be shocked if you don’t get a watch, and mildly surprised if the area doesn’t get a warning at some point today.

But I’m still weenie-ing.

• Like 1

Could be just me (well and EJ), but I think EJ might be right. Just looking at radar, this looks likely to be just a 95 and east threat for tornadoes now, except maybe up in Northern MD. Fine by me. I'd rather just get some heavy rain. Two tornado warnings out and they are already sitting along 95 in VA and it seems like everything would likely form along that line or pop up east of that line.

9 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I’d be shocked if you don’t get a watch, and mildly surprised if the area doesn’t get a warning at some point today.

But I’m still weenie-ing.

Yep !  

TORNADO WATCH OUTLINE UPDATE FOR WT 483
NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER NORMAN OK
1240 PM EDT WED SEP 1 2021

TORNADO WATCH 483 IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1000 PM EDT FOR THE
 FOLLOWING LOCATIONS

DEC001-003-005-020200-
/O.NEW.KWNS.TO.A.0483.210901T1640Z-210902T0200Z/

DE
.    DELAWARE COUNTIES INCLUDED ARE

KENT                 NEW CASTLE          SUSSEX
$$

• Like 1

Just now, Kmlwx said:

The stuff near Clifton, VA, although tiny - does look interesting. Will be curious to see if that can grow a bit. Almost looks like a baby supercell. Radar is looking messy otherwise - not good for areas that are waterlogged from this morning. 

Keeping an eye on that one.  In a meeting right now with a coworker who is in Oakton.  I’ll get ground truth!

3 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

Keeping an eye on that one.  In a meeting right now with a coworker who is in Oakton.  I’ll get ground truth!

It's trying! But perhaps it's fighting for dominance with the two cells east of the fall line and that activity up in Loudoun Co. Not too concerned about that little one unless it can grow upscale. That Charles/PG cell looks nice, though. 

Heavy rain down near Culpeper could be problematic for flooding in spots later if it holds together. 

3 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

Unless things really start filling in to the south, I'm not even sure how much more rain some of us will get.

I know Leesburg laughed at this, but latest HRRR actually says most of us in the metro don't get much more rain at all. Sure, some will win with isolated cells that dump, but perhaps the main show for most was actually overnight.

Pretty much in between everything since the start. Less than .10 so far and radar looks skippy for me. All in all the models showed an area of dry with wet west and east and north of it. That jumped around some but was always close by...I think that's pretty cool that the models picked up on that from a distance. Stay safe all...I think my pocket will remain dry.

Report from my father from this morning (so, pre-whatever's about to start):

It must have been quite some storm last night.  I rode down into the park this a.m. and I was blocked by water on the bike path from Rock Creek both ways within a mile of the beltway.

Rock Creek was flowing just below the bottom of the bike path bridge coming up the hill out of the park, so I biked back up the road I had come down into the park on.

I haven't seen that much flooding in the almost 45 years I have been biking in the park.
  • Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic