Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Hurricane Ida's Remnants

SnowenOutThere

1 minute ago, Mrs.J said:

Yep. Although already seeing road closures on the Frederick Scanner in the Northern part of the county. 

And this is a good point. I think WCPS sometimes only sees the county as Hagerstown, when that is definitely not the case. Assume that can also be an issue in FCPS and Frederick as well.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, paxpatriot said:

10 minutes ago, paxpatriot said:

And this is a good point. I think WCPS sometimes only sees the county as Hagerstown, when that is definitely not the case. Assume that can also be an issue in FCPS and Frederick as well.

They are always saying, Frederick is a big county. We have to wait for all the routes to be driven before we make a decision. There in lies the issue. Our closer to and in city schools have a huge walking population due to our 1 1/2 mile cut off for busses. My girls HS on the SW side of the city is fed by 7 neighborhoods that are walking. This includes ours. Over half of the school does not have bus transport. So holding off to run the routes puts the hundreds of walkers at risk. 

• Like 1

Watch that cluster of heavy storms North of Richmand as it moves NNE.  

Tornado watch is up a few miles to my West in Maryland.  

Hope to get active later this afternoon.  Maybe the tornado watch will be expanded to cover the three counties in Delaware later.  

Map of Forecast Area

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic