Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Hurricane Ida's Remnants

SnowenOutThere

12 minutes ago, donyewest said:

@WxUSAF Don't worry but work quickly: I got water, 0.25~0.50", across half my finished basement last week from a thunderstorm dumping 2.5-3" in ~2hrs via a basement window well.  I freaked out and worked through the night to get the water up, started a dehumidifier, and then grabbed 2 smaller ones on sale.  Been running them all and RH is 35%; the water didn't even reach the drywall, it was absorbed by the 2x4 frames.  As long as it isn't reoccurring or consistently moist down there then you should be fine (3x coats of moisture barrier on the walls here in soggy wstrn PA).

Also bought an automatic pump from Harbor Freight should anything close to that try to happen again.

Thanks for the feedback. We didn’t even have anywhere near that much. Just a damp spot in the corner and then a small “puddle” next to that less than 0.1” deep. 

I always run a dehumidifier back there and I have a fan blowing on that area as well.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, paxpatriot said:

Washington County and Frederick County also holding out, it seems. Given that all of the neighbors to the north, west, and east are either cancelled or releasing early, I'm a little surprised.

As a Frederick Co resident, I am not surprised. 
And you are really getting it up there. Northern Fred Co is pick up too. I am right on the development line on the southern edge. Keep getting random downpours for about a min at a time. 

• Like 1

Ian over on Twitter is also debbing the threat a bit (saying it may be shifted NE of us). I get these opinions - though at the same time mesoanalysis DOES show 500-1000 MLCAPE in the area. That should be enough to sustain some sort of threat. Sure - best may be NE of us - but I'm not ready to deb at all yet. Breaks in the clouds are close enough to many of us as well. 

It's also worth noting that Philly is under cloud cover right now as well. Ultimately, they will have more time before storms get to them (perhaps more aligned with peak heating) - nonetheless, I'd still be on guard east of a line running from roughly Frederick, MD down to LWX to Fredericksburg. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

Ian over on Twitter is also debbing the threat a bit (saying it may be shifted NE of us). I get these opinions - though at the same time mesoanalysis DOES show 500-1000 MLCAPE in the area. That should be enough to sustain some sort of threat. Sure - best may be NE of us - but I'm not ready to deb at all yet. Breaks in the clouds are close enough to many of us as well. 

Sun is out just east of DC in Riverdale.

Just now, mappy said:

Glad to see schools being proactive. Even if the severe threat doesn't pan out as end of the world stuff, the rains will be problematic enough. 

Spot on.      At the least, they'd have to be sending kids home in torrential rain if they didn't alter the dismissal time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, high risk said:

DCA now 81/73 with a southeast wind.    BWI is 79/75 with an east wind.      We may not get the 2000 CAPE values that some guidance was showing yesterday, but it certainly seems like sufficient instability will be in place, at least along and east of the I-95 corridor.

still NE/E wind up here too. Been pouring for a bit though. Over 1" for the day

28 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

Would be just like us to miss the rain totals north and severe northeast...lol Still just cloudy here

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic