Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Met Fall 2021 Banter.

HoarfrostHubb

2 hours ago, Supernovice said:

I know this topic is banned and it should be tbh- but I just saw the data re: the WHO meeting tomm. It’s basically the worst case scenario. If I’m going to be depressed on thanksgiving so are all of you. Heavy whiskey incoming. Delete this if you want- whatever.

What does this mean. Speak your mind.

36 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

What does this mean. Speak your mind.

Look I’m not an epidemiologist- I’m a finance guy and this came to me through my IB this afternoon.

The data is about as devastating as it could be. The genetic mapping indicates that this variant has the potential to evade immune responses- both generated through vaccine and naturally. It is possible(likely) that it is more transmissible than delta. It is quite frankly the worst possible news we could have.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Supernovice said:

Look I’m not an epidemiologist- I’m a finance guy and this came to me through my IB this afternoon.

The data is about as devastating as it could be. The genetic mapping indicates that this variant has the potential to evade immune responses- both generated through vaccine and naturally. It is possible(likely) that it is more transmissible than delta. It is quite frankly the worst possible news we could have.

Ugh who said that

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

I just read it's like 10 cases and no alarm yet. They said these mutations tend to burn out

It’s 59 confirmed cases- this is the only code red email I’ve gotten since  early January 2020. 

Anyways- obvs hope the experts are wrong but given the UK just announced travel restrictions I don’t think the concern is unwarranted I digress- it’s dessert time.

• Thanks 1

Good heads up Supernovice 

That story is a big market mover 

Soon we will all be on lockdown ...playing in the metaverse . Half kidding 

Buy the dip in lockdown stocks and play to earn crypto /metaverse platforms (games come and go)

The amount of money going into the metaverse infrastructure and development is monumental and the Covid story is pure gasoline (assuming the narrative grows)

15 hours ago, Supernovice said:

Ugh...hopefully we can get through the holidays before life gets miserable again.

If this is confirmed today, than I had better get my family out of Africa.

45 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

Tip of the cap to @Supernovice, calling the media hysteria. I’m hopeful it’s a false alarm. 

To be clear- my posts were not calling out media hysteria. I actually think this is a potentially HUGE deal. And I didn’t even expect a market reaction until early next week tbh - so wrong there.

two caveats—first- small sample sizes can lead to wildly distorted analysis- so it’s possible this isn’t as bad as it seems.

secondly one thing my job taught me is if I’m looking at data in an area I have no expertise in- and it’s telling me a clear story- I should be very wary. The clearer the story it tells the more dangerous my analysis tends to be- like lose ur job dangerous. Just keep that in mind and listen to the experts.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

She doesn't seem to think that can prevent US citizens from returning...I told her BS.

If forthcoming studies show that it evades existing vaccines, is as transmissible as some initial reports suggest, and/or is more severe, all bets will be off. For now, US citizens will still be able to return from those 7 countries after Monday’s travel ban goes into effect. 

• Like 1

Just now, NorEastermass128 said:

If forthcoming studies show that it evades existing vaccines, is as transmissible as some initial reports suggest, and/or is more severe, all bets will be off. For now, US citizens will still be able to return from those 7 countries after Monday’s travel ban goes into effect. 

Yea, we just need to keep abreast of it. I would have to assume that would impose some type of deadline prior to implementing such a drastic sanction, however, finding room on flights will be another matter entirely...will also see prices soar.

• Like 1