Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Fall 2021 Banter.

HoarfrostHubb

Been busy extensively studying crypto market 

Sold 75% of what I owned in last day as BTC tested its 50 day moving average multiple times (with weak bounces ) before failing last hour . I sold because I took some profits and because my positions were  relatively new (Bought semi high and knew I as to be ready to exit if major support levels were tested  ) , Also most importantly .... there will be some much better entry prices ahead . (Lower prices )

Bitcoin is now at 57.8 and it should fall to at least 54 K (100 day moving average ) and as long as it stays above 43,500 it will not invalidate the long trending bull Market . Alt coins move exponentially (magnified ) in the direction bitcoin Heads, so when BTC tests its 50 day moving average several times in a few days , it’s a wise move to take profits In that situation ,  or if your new in a position or if you for some reason bought into something after it 3x’d in the last month in a half . Otherwise you are begging to be trapped .

The exciting thing is BTC’s fall (while maintaining a Longer term uptrend ) will present some huge sales over the next week (or 3) . Opportunities to get in at very Low prices where you can see excellent appreciation .

im very interested to see how Gaming (play to earn ) and NFT sectors (Hold up or sell off more ) during the bitcoin fall . It’s sort of a tough call as these sectors have seen biggest gains but are also growing fastest .

This should be a very lucrative opportunity in a few weeks in many coins 

1 hour ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Been busy extensively studying crypto market 

Sold 75% of what I owned in last day as BTC tested its 50 day moving average multiple times (with weak bounces ) before failing last hour . I sold because I took some profits and because my positions were  relatively new (Bought semi high and knew I as to be ready to exit if major support levels were tested  ) , Also most importantly .... there will be some much better entry prices ahead . (Lower prices )

Bitcoin is now at 57.8 and it should fall to at least 54 K (100 day moving average ) and as long as it stays above 43,500 it will not invalidate the long trending bull Market . Alt coins move exponentially (magnified ) in the direction bitcoin Heads, so when BTC tests its 50 day moving average several times in a few days , it’s a wise move to take profits In that situation ,  or if your new in a position or if you for some reason bought into something after it 3x’d in the last month in a half . Otherwise you are begging to be trapped .

The exciting thing is BTC’s fall (while maintaining a Longer term uptrend ) will present some huge sales over the next week (or 3) . Opportunities to get in at very Low prices where you can see excellent appreciation .

im very interested to see how Gaming (play to earn ) and NFT sectors (Hold up or sell off more ) during the bitcoin fall . It’s sort of a tough call as these sectors have seen biggest gains but are also growing fastest .

IMHO 57k is support and we start heading back up.  

• Like 1

I mean, of course 54k is on the table but at this point the whales have pretty much liquidated all of the gamblers who leveraged long the past few weeks.  
The next up move in the Bull Run should be a good one.  Once the 70k resistance falls it’s a high ceiling.   Possibly 90k by end of January.   
The current pullback and consolidation is actually exactly what the market needs to extend the Bull Run into 2022.

6 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I really need to read up more to fully understand the NFT and gaming area. Seems to be an interesting intersection, the main meme stock has been hiring as many NFT/crypto folks as they can recently. SAND and MANA are green in a sea of red today.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

IMHO 57k is support and we start heading back up.  

It’s cutting thru that number .

100 day is first stop and it’s gonna go side ways for a little bit, 

54K is the best bottom it’s gonna find Unless maybe Biden nominates Brainard as new Fed Chief next couple days (instead of reappointing Powell) . The crypto tax laws in infrastructure bill and mt gox settlement announcement (adding 120,000 bitcoins to exchanges ) are not bullish events .

A small corner of the market is unaffected . Mana and Sand rocking today . lol I just saw powderbeard noticed same thing . Also many NFT names like super rare and some Other play to earn games 

I don’t see this knee jerk bouncing quickly as it just cut thru major support without much fight - the one odd counter point to that is if you pull up a chart ..BTC often does poor on the 18-20 of each month and sometimes bottoms the end of that period ( someone said  monthly rebalancing by large crypto institutions ) but cutting thru 50’day support is significant 

54 k 1’st bottom potential 

50-51 Knext and

then 48 K

and 44 k

Really annoyed that part of our view will now be obscured by a house being built just down from our property. While we knew the lot was for sale and has been for years, where we thought they would build would be over to the right side and barely visible. They're building more towards the left. A few years ago, me and some guys cut a bunch of trees beyond where the grass was as I was trying to open the lot up a bit . In hindsight, never should have done it. It'll grow back, but take years. Once the leaves are back on the trees we probably won't see the house too much, but part of our view and privacy has been disrupted. This also happened in our last house where someone ended up building in front of us. My wife met the owners and they admitted they probably shouldn't have cut the trees right up to our property line. Oops. First world problems I know, but when you're out in a pretty rural area you don't expect this to happen.

backyard.jpg

• Weenie 1

1 hour ago, Lava Rock said:

Really annoyed that part of our view will now be obscured by a house being built just down from our property. While we knew the lot was for sale and has been for years, where we thought they would build would be over to the right side and barely visible. They're building more towards the left. A few years ago, me and some guys cut a bunch of trees beyond where the grass was as I was trying to open the lot up a bit . In hindsight, never should have done it. It'll grow back, but take years. Once the leaves are back on the trees we probably won't see the house too much, but part of our view and privacy has been disrupted. This also happened in our last house where someone ended up building in front of us. My wife met the owners and they admitted they probably shouldn't have cut the trees right up to our property line. Oops. First world problems I know, but when you're out in a pretty rural area you don't expect this to happen.

backyard.jpg

Ask them to paint the house gray, or dull green?

Hippy , I was just looking at data that the sell off was driven by A ton of derivatives going short term (bearish) and not selling among BTC holders . In fact data shows Whales bought the dip big time . You may be right . Today’s chart looks like it will make a run at 50 day moving average this evening . If it regains 50 day , it’s a fake breakdown and of course bullish 

7 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Spend the extra and go dewalt and or greenworks, I had ryobi before and there not the same quality IMHO.

I have Ryobi but I think you’re probably correct. I was doing some trail work with a friend a couple of weeks ago and his DeWalt electric chainsaw seemed better than mine. However, for most of the light duty stuff I do, the Ryobi works fine. 

14 minutes ago, mreaves said:

I have Ryobi but I think you’re probably correct. I was doing some trail work with a friend a couple of weeks ago and his DeWalt electric chainsaw seemed better than mine. However, for most of the light duty stuff I do, the Ryobi works fine. 

I found the batteries to be a lot heavier on the hand tools and gives the hand tools more weight when your using them frequently, As far as the hedge trimmer, Leaf blower, Pole saw, etc, etc, The batteries are bigger but doesn't matter depending on how many amp hrs because there usually 40V+.

3 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Plus deWalt is twice the price. Ryobi is great for the casual hone user, deWalt is contractor quality. 

• Like 1

I have Ryobi stuff up here in NH. It's pretty decent. I have all Makita stuff down in MD, and I can notice a small difference in overall quality. The Makita stuff just feels more solid and seems to have more power.

I am not anything close to a professional so it really doesn't make any difference as I stumble and bumble my way through half-assed projects. :) 

3 hours ago, dryslot said:

Spend the extra and go dewalt and or greenworks, I had ryobi before and there not the same quality IMHO.

Greenworks is at the top of my list, I just started looking at the battery powered tools and like you say stick with one brand for all. I saw one ad where you get 4 batteries with the chainsaw so would have the batteries for all the other tools I buy.