Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Met Fall 2021 Banter.

HoarfrostHubb

4 hours ago, PhineasC said:

Biggest fear of mine is getting your USD back out. These gains are meaningless unless realized given how shaky the crypto market is and how easily the various sites such as Binance and PancakeSwap can crash or be rigged for larger investors to get paid first. Liquidity is a big issue. 

Pretty sure many folks are able to get out 

I will look into this more thou 

2 hours ago, PhineasC said:

I'm sure many do get out. Crypto is obviously here to stay, but it's mostly too risky for me still. I also have bad luck timing these things.

Always had this view. Took the plunge a month ago and now instead of doing work I'm learning everything I can about crypto. Never thought I'd say it but there is a lot less BS involved with prices/volatility than dealing with stocks/options imo. The latest BBBY after-hours run due to their buyback followed by all the meme stonks pumping the next 24-hours just confirmed my suspicions about ETFs and I don't see myself playing with stocks much more.  

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

All the more reason to stick with the basic needs and screw the rest of the "stuff". Unfortunately these supply issues have/will trickle into the basic needs department. Honestly, my kids do not need this season's Barbie nor do I need the newest Iphone or 8k tv...Honestly the environment needs senseless consumerism to take a backseat for quite some time. 

11 hours ago, Spanks45 said:

All the more reason to stick with the basic needs and screw the rest of the "stuff". Unfortunately these supply issues have/will trickle into the basic needs department. Honestly, my kids do not need this season's Barbie nor do I need the newest Iphone or 8k tv...Honestly the environment needs senseless consumerism to take a backseat for quite some time. 

We are a very lucky society/civilization to be honest.  Spoiled.  But that's a good thing.  Just need to keep it all in perspective sometimes.  America is a great place, not without its faults, but a place where the spoils of capitalism/excess/innovation all intersect.  There will be ups and downs on that journey though for sure.  

11 hours ago, Spanks45 said:

I agree on cutting back with hyper consumerism on fluff items but it’s also a good time to pay for big ticket items if you can, but with cash or no interest payments as consumer buying power is diminishing by the day. 

10 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I agree on cutting back with hyper consumerism on fluff items but it’s also a good time to pay for big ticket items if you can, but with cash or no interest payments as consumer buying power is diminishing by the day. 

I agree... I am actually in the need for an AWD vehicle to fit the Brady bunch. Used cars are priced like new cars and you can't find a decent new car that you don't have to special order at a premium price. Kicker is I want something that doesn't guzzle gas, so the chip shortage is hindering things quite a bit.

• Like 1

Grabbed GOEV weeklies at 11, 11.50, and 12.00 yesterday morning were $15-25 a piece lol. Ran to $13 in pre-market twice. First and maybe the last time I ever play weeklies, but I'm watching the meme plays from next week until February, lots of exposure and the stars look to be aligning again. 

10 minutes ago, SouthCoastMA said:

I had LoopRing at .65 and sold at .96..ugh

Looks to have found some good support, reddit has only jumped on board in the past week. It was my first crypto buy at about .45, I've DCA'd up to about 1.05 and am still holding.  I'm used to stocks so probably should have taken some out but I'll learn. All the Github "leaks" and GME responding on twitter to the rumor make I may take my cost out soon/if an announcement is made and let the rest ride.

51 minutes ago, uncle W said:

came across this article about a snowstorm in the northeast in 1873...

http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lccn/sn83030214/1873-11-19/ed-1/seq-1/

The first ever mention of a SWFE?  After further reading it seemed it meant a snowstorm on the southwest side of the storm.  Deep snowfall closing the Erie Canal in NY with 3" of rain in PVD and road washouts in Great Falls, NH?  It does say in another section that it started as snow in parts of eastern New England, with 5" at Lowell and 7" at Portsmouth followed by heavy rain.

Can envision how it happened, pretty interesting storm and observations.  Thanks for sharing.

1873.jpg.1d1efc8700059474dccda0a94a8e5f0c.jpg

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

The first ever mention of a SWFE?  After further reading it seemed it meant a snowstorm on the southwest side of the storm.  Deep snowfall closing the Erie Canal in NY with 3" of rain in PVD and road washouts in Great Falls, NH?  It does say in another section that it started as snow in parts of eastern New England, with 5" at Lowell and 7" at Portsmouth followed by heavy rain.

Can envision how it happened, pretty interesting storm and observations.  Thanks for sharing.

1873.jpg.1d1efc8700059474dccda0a94a8e5f0c.jpg

Similar to that god awful 2010 system that buried NYC while it rained here?

• Sad 1