Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Met Fall 2021 Banter.

HoarfrostHubb

5 hours ago, mreaves said:

I read this article and am still unsure what the passing of this amendment means

I doubt anyone knows exactly how this will shake out, given the law of unintended consequences, which will never be repealed.  A 20-head piggery in a PWM residential neighborhood?  Animal abusers using the new amendment as a defense?   
???????

4 hours ago, tamarack said:

I doubt anyone knows exactly how this will shake out, given the law of unintended consequences, which will never be repealed.  A 20-head piggery in a PWM residential neighborhood?  Animal abusers using the new amendment as a defense?   
???????

I've been wanting to expand my flock of 6 hens to a dozen, and ideally add a rooster and geese for predator protection.  Maybe this'll allow that here in SoPo!

10 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Grabbed 500$ in CRO before I went to sleep 

looks like that could easily top .50 in the next 3-4 weeks

Got into Link and Atom as well in similar fashion. Atom chart looks great 

There will be some sideways movement while paper hands get shaken out and then pretty much everything is going parabolic. Get out during the FOMO blow off top and reinvest during the correction.. 

This is not financial advice because I’m a stupid hippie idiot enjoying the ride.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

There will be some sideways movement while paper hands get shaken out and then pretty much everything is going parabolic. Get out during the FOMO blow off top and reinvest during the correction.. 

This is not financial advice because I’m a stupid hippie idiot enjoying the ride.

What is your confidence level of a fomo top and a time frame 

The funny thing initially is that some of these crypto’s are up 5,000% in 18 months , Is that  not a blow off too haha 

I am curious how crypto responds to the taper which will be complete by July (if they stay the course)

Im also very confident QE will need to be restarted within 24 months of if ending

13 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

What is your confidence level of a fomo top and a time frame 

The funny thing initially is that some of these crypto’s are up 5,000% in 18 months , Is that  not a blow off too haha 

I am curious how crypto responds to the taper which will be complete by July (if they stay the course)

Im also very confident QE will need to be restarted within 24 months of if ending

Goldman Sachs has ETH going to 8k before any correction..It's things like this that make me hesitant to sell. 

It's probably worth staying long on ETH and BTC..and just flipping the alts for profit. 

1 hour ago, SouthCoastMA said:

Goldman Sachs has ETH going to 8k before any correction..It's things like this that make me hesitant to sell. 

It's probably worth staying long on ETH and BTC..and just flipping the alts for profit. 

I trust Goldman as much as I trust the nam if it went out to 300 hours 

One of the biggest factors in my opinion is the amount of institutional investment that is increasing in this space (big money ) and trends show they have been buying the top alt coins that have been adding lucrative partnerships

SOL is number one in this regard 

Chainlink and Uniswap , Polkadot and Helium are other notables , even VET and TRON has seen sizable interest 

And more newbies in the space who are growing and actively positioning themselves as leaders in their crypto space will also see a rise in institutional investment . 

That is the “big money “ . They are known to be more patient then institutional investors . They are increasing investment in relatively new business oriented alt coins , not “the Shiba shit coins”

3 minutes ago, BrianW said:

Looks like Eversource is raising electricity supply rates 64% in Connecticut due to record high natural gas prices. On top of record high heating costs its going to be a rough winter for many when the cold comes. 

https://www.ctpost.com/news/article/Eversource-UI-customers-will-pay-more-in-16595228.php?src=rdctpdensecp

To be fair to Eversource, most of the price rise is to offset their having to rebuild the electrical lines on the Tolland Massif twice a month.

On 11/3/2021 at 8:27 PM, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

@dendrite or @tamarack What’s the best tree for a swampy area roughly 100ft from the house? Weeping Willows are nice looking so I am hedging to it but are disease prone amongst a few other other cons. I don’t want a tree that will grow tall either or drop acorns. I just need something that will soak up some standing water that tends to form into a smallish pond in a monsoon season.

Sorry…missed this before. I haven’t had many issues with my white willow, but I agree with tamarack that it loves to drop small branches…especially late winter into early spring. If the area is far enough from your well, septic, sewer, and/or foundation it’ll probably be fine. Agree with tamarack about red maple. Other options would be river birch or bald cypress. I’m a fan in bald cypress in swampy areas.

Does the area retain water only during wet periods for a few days or is it semipermanent? I have an area where I grow my pawpaws that will rarely pond up, but it drains within 24-72 hours. Those fruit trees can tolerate that since they’re native to river plains that occasionally flood. But anything more than a few days for those trees will start to damage them. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dendrite said:

Sorry…missed this before. I haven’t had many issues with my white willow, but I agree with tamarack that it loves to drop small branches…especially late winter into early spring. If the area is far enough from your well, septic, sewer, and/or foundation it’ll probably be fine. Agree with tamarack about red maple. Other options would be river birch or bald cypress. I’m a fan in bald cypress in swampy areas.

Does the area retain water only during wet periods for a few days or is it semipermanent? I have an area where I grow my pawpaws that will rarely pond up, but it drains within 24-72 hours. Those fruit trees can tolerate that since they’re native to river plains that occasionally flood. But anything more than a few days for those trees will start to damage them. 

Among the native birches (river birch range mainly west of the DE River), yellow birch is sometimes found doing fairly well in wet areas.  So is gray birch but it's a short-lived messy tree that's exceedingly vulnerable to ice due to it's very fine twig size.  White birch and black birch don't like wet feet.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, dendrite said:

It is Semi-permanent. We just moved in Aug and redid the backyard which pushes into wetlands so I’m leaning towards bald cypress. 

7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

That’s kind of early for the Cape. It still can be chilly. Good news is that it is off season so you can stay at some spots that are typically ridiculous in the summer. Maybe DM me. I’ll give you ideas depending on budget.

I saw 2 nice hotels right near the water . 1k a night :weep:

https://www.boston.com/news/weather/2021/11/08/snow-plow-driver-shortage-massachusetts-high-rates/?p1=hp_secondary

Watertown is paying up to $200 for plow drivers with a commercial license, and the rates increase to $310 for those with specialized equipment. Worcester and Lowell are paying up to $155 an hour, and Sandwich is offering up to $135. Chelmsford is paying up to $110, and even MassDOT is looking for drivers, though offering a lower rate of $31.25, NBC10 Boston reported.

Just now, Baroclinic Zone said:

Seriously.  I recall my neighbor a bunch of years ago signing up for plowing for City of Taunton.  Hours can be brutal.

The hours are brutal and it becomes a safety risk. I know accidents that have happened from plow drivers falling asleep. But dang that money though.