Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Met Fall 2021 Banter.

HoarfrostHubb

1 hour ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.fca98236c1c0e1404796068736366c66.jpeg

Not great, but not bad. Considering this was all weeds and sand when I moved in, and I couldn’t afford to hire someone to do any of the work, I’m fairly pleased with it. 

I have a wicked clover problem.

Love the Trump flag! Nice to see 

Lawn is close. If you’d use Lesco for one full season .. and with enough watering since that looks full sun and no shade .. you’d have top 3 in hood 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 7

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Love the Trump flag! Nice to see 

Lawn is close. If you’d use Lesco for one full season .. and with enough watering since that looks full sun and no shade .. you’d have top 3 in hood 

I think I’m going to try Lesco next year… and it is indeed full sun… almost all day. It worked out with all the rain this year, but when we return to Stein next season, it’ll need a ton of water.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I think I’m going to try Lesco next year… and it is indeed full sun… almost all day. It worked out with all the rain this year, but when we return to Stein next season, it’ll need a ton of water.

I read clover can result from low nitrogen- just FYI,  which if your lawn was sand not too long ago…maybe try a soil test first? Gunna do mine this year just to check.

8 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

Maybe ran off the runway and burst into flames after all got off safely, except the one injured. 

Yeah just that after picture along with “no serious injuries” made my brain cramp up, lol.  Glad no one was injured but you don’t picture everyone walking away from that.

Crashing and burning like the Astros.

• Like 3

The airplane never gained much altitude and pilots did a "Sullenberger" ditch but on pavement before ending in a field.  The landing probably didn't do much damage but likely the tarmac scratch started a fire, which spread sufficiently slowly that all exited safely, though one reported respiratory distress (smoke or effort not noted) and one with back pain.  Bummer for the luggage, though - when airplanes burn they generally do so thoroughly.

• Like 1

Took two regional Bombardier CR jets to get to Savannah, GA yesterday.  At 6’3” I can’t sit in the window seat without leaning to the side due to my head hitting the ceiling, and my shoulders wouldn’t fit side to side in the aisle where the lavatories are, ha.  My 5’2” 110 pound wife was like “I don’t see the problem, plenty of room.” :lol: Not sure I can picture the MD-80 or 90…

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, tamarack said:

The airplane never gained much altitude and pilots did a "Sullenberger" ditch but on pavement before ending in a field.  The landing probably didn't do much damage but likely the tarmac scratch started a fire, which spread sufficiently slowly that all exited safely, though one reported respiratory distress (smoke or effort not noted) and one with back pain.  Bummer for the luggage, though - when airplanes burn they generally do so thoroughly.

You ever been that crash site near moosehead? Creepy that all the pieces are still there, and sad.

4 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Took two regional Bombardier CR jets to get to Savannah, GA yesterday.  At 6’3” I can’t sit in the window seat without leaning to the side due to my head hitting the ceiling, and my shoulders wouldn’t fit side to side in the aisle where the lavatories are, ha.  My 5’2” 110 pound wife was like “I don’t see the problem, plenty of room.” :lol: Not sure I can picture the MD-80 or 90…

Wow didn’t know you were that tall haha. Those things are prone to turbulence too. I flew on a similar plane. E-190. They suck.

7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Wow didn’t know you were that tall haha. Those things are prone to turbulence too. I flew on a similar plane. E-190. They suck.

Ha my family is a bunch of Norwegian giants.  One of my sisters is the shortest in our immediate family at 5’10”.  My other sister is near 6 feet tall.  My mom was 5’11” (though seems to be getting a little shorter with age) and Dad is 6’2”.   When we get a family photo together our spouses all stand out, on the shorter side of things :lol:.  My sisters are pretty close if not a shade taller than their husbands.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

It is actually beneficial to lawns as it crowds out other broad leaf weeds and provides a rich nitrogen source.

I’d prefer not to have it obviously, but it definitely blends in and looks better than other weeds. Unless you are standing in my yard, it’s really hard to tell 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

No way he fits in the glades. I feel like I don't even fit and I am 5'10". I always assumed @alex and @J.Spin were under 5' 5". :) 

My 7 year old fits way better in the trees than I do.

• Haha 1