Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Met Fall 2021 Banter.

HoarfrostHubb

4 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Life is hard. We’re here for you if/when you ever need to talk. 

Worse than hard, Dad died with a reverse mortgage,  tons of debt,  no life insurance  the mortgage company wants to foreclose. I'm divorced and living alone.  My one solace is my son lives in town.  I see him a few times a month.  I did get accepted into the disabled housing program waiting list in my town.  Hoping to stay here as long as possible.  Hopefully into next year. Probably looking at getting an apartment next Spring. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

Worse than hard, Dad died with a reverse mortgage,  tons of debt,  no life insurance  the mortgage company wants to foreclose. I'm divorced and living alone.  My one solace is my son lives in town.  I see him a few times a month.  I did get accepted into the disabled housing program waiting list in my town.  Hoping to stay here as long as possible.  Hopefully into next year. Probably looking at getting an apartment next Spring. 

Sorry to hear that, glad you reached out to someone, you have a friend to call or want to talk to us? After I lost my mother I had to seek a therapist, started drinking too much and needed help. I hear you brother.

44 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

This is mind boggling to me.  It’s obviously not the only issue but the fact that cranes aren’t working all the time (staggering breaks) is absurd if true.

“Truckers unlucky enough to be waiting around lunchtime will watch as the entire crane crew stops work, instead of staggering their hours.

“They leave for two hours, and you are stuck with no one there,” trucker Brian said.”

Chris sale sucks for third straight Game. Velocity was there but he can’t seem to locate . I’m sick of this guy being coddled like no Boston Star has. He pitched very well in several starts this summer and now in 3 straight games he in effect “chokes”. What other players seem to get a pass in media failing in big spots like this in Fenway...

Is Sale that fragile that Cora has to coddle him every time he stinks in a big spot?

7 hours ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

Don’t give up and try to focus on things that make you happier. I know…easier said than done but that’s all I can provide for you at this time. Keep the dialog going with your therapist too and family and friends. Life can be shitty but also amazing. Stay strong.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Chris sale sucks for third straight Game. Velocity was there but he can’t seem to locate . I’m sick of this guy being coddled like no Boston Star has. He pitched very well in several starts this summer and now in 3 straight games he in effect “chokes”. What other players seem to get a pass in media failing in big spots like this in Fenway...

Is Sale that fragile that Cora has to coddle him every time he stinks in a big spot?

Cora talked about that, his change up is his best pitch and the hardest to get the feel for after Tommy John, he came back too soon. Someone like Evoldi whose pitch is the fastball can come back quicker. We got 3 innings out of him and going to need him to get better to win anything.

3 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

Cora talked about that, his change up is his best pitch and the hardest to get the feel for after Tommy John, he came back too soon. Someone like Evoldi whose pitch is the fastball can come back quicker. We got 3 innings out of him and going to need him to get better to win anything.

My thing is I don’t think that is the biggest issue 

He pitched 5 innings many starts this year and was good when he came back . He had 7-8 K’s in Baltimore and was killing it ...then he slipped on mound and hasn’t had ability to locate since then And hasn’t pitched well to say the least .

2 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

My thing is I don’t think that is the biggest issue 

He pitched 5 innings many starts this year and was good when he came back . He had 7-8 K’s in Baltimore and was killing it ...then he slipped on mound and hasn’t had ability to locate since then And hasn’t pitched well to say the least .

I was hoping he'd come back a little stronger. Then you trade him in the off-season when he has value.

I know and the writing was on the wall on that one.   I had this imagined scene of fans kinda turnin heads back and forth at each other, collectively thinking 'Uhmm is this gonna end wall?' - but they knew.   You could just feel the energy in the stadium of that sauce before it sprayed, right through the TV. 

Baseball is like that.  It's the most prescient sport there is

24 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Its a neutral i'm distilling, Makes a vodka, This one i dbbl distilled, I tamp it down to either 90-100 proof.

If you just happen to be at the snowmobile show in Augusta this weekend and just happened to have a jar with you, I might be persuaded quality test for you :whistle:

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, dryslot said:

A virtual jar.........lol

IMG_6620.jpg

Having watched Moonshiners on Discovery (fake, I know), I always thought that distilling might be a good fit with syrup making.  Not exactly the same but similar in some aspects.  Could you use maple syrup or maple sugar in place of the normal sugar used?

1 hour ago, mreaves said:

Having watched Moonshiners on Discovery (fake, I know), I always thought that distilling might be a good fit with syrup making.  Not exactly the same but similar in some aspects.  Could you use maple syrup or maple sugar in place of the normal sugar used?

Yes, Can also use molasses or brown sugar but now its a higher expense then white sugar.

• Like 1