Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Met Fall 2021 Banter.

HoarfrostHubb

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Accidentally killed one of my favorite chickens tonight. She somehow broke her top beak on 10/4 and we've been trying to hand feed her since until she got the hang of eating differently. Tonight we put a little too much wet feed down her and it went down her wind pipe and suffocated her. She's the only one of my chickens that would jump on my lap daily to be pet and she was the top of the pecking order.

I feel absolutely sick about it right now. This is a tragic hobby sometimes.

RIP Rose

Good grief man, so sorry.  That's so sad.  All animals are like family.

Accidentally killed one of my favorite chickens tonight. She somehow broke her top beak on 10/4 and we've been trying to hand feed her since until she got the hang of eating differently. Tonight we put a little too much wet feed down her and it went down her wind pipe and suffocated her. She's the only one of my chickens that would jump on my lap daily to be pet and she was the top of the pecking order.
RIP Rose
Well that sucks. Sorry

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

CT DMV is pretty nice now. Another good thing Gov. Lamont has quietly done after previous administrations fumbled time and time again. Can do most common stuff online, otherwise you make an appointment to go in person. I've heard mixed reviews about the appointments where some people say you're in and out at your designated time slot, and others have said they still had to wait 45 minutes to be seen. Have to admit being able to go online and in 3 minutes renew my license was pretty slick. $72 and 4 days later I had a brand new license good for the next 6 years in my mailbox.

1 minute ago, snowman21 said:

CT DMV is pretty nice now. Another good thing Gov. Lamont has quietly done after previous administrations fumbled time and time again. Can do most common stuff online, otherwise you make an appointment to go in person. I've heard mixed reviews about the appointments where some people say you're in and out at your designated time slot, and others have said they still had to wait 45 minutes to be seen. Have to admit being able to go online and in 3 minutes renew my license was pretty slick. $72 and 4 days later I had a brand new license good for the next 6 years in my mailbox.

That sounds like every Apple Store in the country.  "Oh your appointment is for 3:15pm and it's 3:10pm?  Let me check you in.  It'll only be an hour or so wait sir."

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

RIP Rose

Sorry to hear of your loss Brian, Its sucks losing a pet, You get attached to them like a sibling.

2 hours ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

How big a company?  I take issue with the likes of Walmart that are receiving billions in Federal subsidies while the Walton Family are all multi-billionaires and they screw their workers over.

Those companies were not eligible for federal subsides because of there worth and rightfully so.

• Confused 1

43 minutes ago, snowman21 said:

Pretty much the same here. There are some things you have to go in person for but all the standard registration renewals etc. are online. I have had to make an appointment and that seems to work pretty smoothly. 

3 hours ago, dryslot said:

I have owned one for 30yrs, Your take would be a lot different if you did, Just the cost of healthcare is enough to put a company in a compromised position, I won't even go down the rabbit hole on the rest, And just to be on the record, If you worked for me, Your getting fair compensation.

There’s no doubt some good people are stand up business owners. I just think we’ve reached this point for a reason, and all the blame can’t lay at the feet of the employee. It’s easy to say people don’t want to work because they made some money during the pandemic on unemployment, but I think it’s much more complicated than that 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dendrite said:

RIP Rose

Sorry Brian, just had to put a cat down, my favorite, small blind tiger, I hate losing any of our pets, dogs or cats,

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, dendrite said:

RIP Rose

Oh dude that really sucks. Sorry man. Yea hand feeding is so risky. Damnit

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I did watch part of an interview with the head of Schneider transportation. Third largest trucking co in the US.  He said they only had about half the number of drivers they need to keep up the demand.  

Here's a thought, if we only buy American products as much as possible the container logjam would ease but then Amazon would suffer with their billions of cheap foreign goods. WTF cares about Bezos though. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

Here's a thought, if we only buy American products as much as possible the container logjam would ease but then Amazon would suffer with their billions of cheap foreign goods. WTF cares about Bezos though. 

The supply chain issues run deep and is complicated. Buying American made is a great idea and people should make every attempt to do so…though it would only plug a few holes in a boat full of them.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/oct/01/america-supply-chain-shortages

“What we’re experiencing is also the net result of decades of policy choices starting in the 1970s that emphasized consumer sovereignty over citizenship. The consolidation of power into the hands of private equity financiers and monopolists over the last four decades has left us uniquely unprepared to manage a supply shock. Our hyper-efficient globalized supply chain, once romanticized by men like Tom Friedman in The World Is Flat, is the problem. Like the financial system before the 2008 crash, this kind of economic order hides its fragility. It seems to work quite well, until it doesn’t.

The specific policies that led to our supply constrained world are lax antitrust, deregulation of basic infrastructure industries like shipping, railroads and trucking, disinvestment in domestic production, and trade policy emphasizing finance over manufacturing.”

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Good luck with that.   We try to buy American as much as possible.  A lot of products just aren’t made here or are inferior in quality.  

9 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

China is the root problem of all this.   Virus came from China (probably even a lab)....hiding the virus and letting it spread.  Everything in the world being made there.  Artificially keeping their currency under valued.....now Evergrande and a new housing crisis. 

• Confused 1

Just now, Whineminster said:

China is the root problem of all this (and I mean the Chinese Govt' of course).   Virus came from China (probably even a lab)....hiding the virus and letting it spread.  Everything in the world being made there.  Artificially keeping their currency under valued.....now Evergrande and a new housing crisis. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

China is the root problem of all this.   Virus came from China (probably even a lab)....hiding the virus and letting it spread.  Everything in the world being made there.  Artificially keeping their currency under valued.....now Evergrande and a new housing crisis. 

That’s a no no topic and yes so many indications point to Wuhan lab origins. Nobody wants to talk about the origins . Maybe bc fort Detrick also plays w bio weapons (they all dress it up as Bio defense) but it’s better the public isn’t spoon fed this . Many indications point to world military games in fall of 2019 (near Wuhan ) where this first spread to various athletes . Human nature is fascinating,People will scream at you to wear a mask but nobody finds it odd , the attempted white washing of this up the food chain as a bat virus that just happened to jump species ( despite the open “research / weaponization) pf Corona virus being funded and then overseen by the Chinese military at Wuhan virology lab and then the citizen journalists that dissapeared. It’s eye opening the amount of people willing to want to believe nothing nefarious Happened . 

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

:huh:

The supply chain woes are not confined to the US only.  It's a global issue, so blaming China is short-sighted.  Not going to get into the origins of the virus.  I'll leave that to the professionals who are investigating it to come up with their conclusions.

Right now, there is little we can to to free up the logjam until more people come back into the supply chain to move goods faster to where they need to be.

Moving forward, we as nation, need to make a more concerted effort to bring manufacturing back into this Country.  Globalization and the search for cheaper and cheaper labor by Corporations trying to increase their profit margins, have gotten us into this mess over the last several decades. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

The supply chain woes are not confined to the US only.  It's a global issue, so blaming China is short-sighted.  Not going to get into the origins of the virus.  I'll leave that to the professionals who are investigating it to come up with their conclusions.

Right now, there is little we can to to free up the logjam until more people come back into the supply chain to move goods faster to where they need to be.

Moving forward, we as nation, need to make a more concerted effort to bring manufacturing back into this Country.  Globalization and the search for cheaper and cheaper labor by Corporations trying to increase their profit margins, have gotten us into this mess over the last several decades. 

This x1000. The economy is a complex system not unlike the climate. When people blame supply issues on lazy workers, longshoremen, federal unemployment benefits, China etc etc etc…it is quite literally exactly the same as blaming global warming for a heat wave. Sure it contributes at the margins but at a large scale it’s the interplay of a million different things that gives us that summer heat wave.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Yup. We've kneeled to corp profits since the 70s and the hyper globalization has allowed financial gains to be the biggest driver. We need to start valuing production again and turn all these empty mfg plants and red brick warehouses across the country back on to producing and not into shops and restaurants. Incentivize companies to produce domestically and penalize them for overseas production and importation. People complain that domestic production and higher min wage would raise prices well guess what....importing isn't cheap anymore. Container freight is 10x what is before the pandemic. The cost opportunity is there to mfg domestically which would create jobs and quicken our supply chain, to start. Now is the time to stop giving big corps handjobs and take bold action. If our current SC disaster doesn't trigger action then I don't know what will. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Bitcoin at 60k this morning. Once the FOMO bandwagon starts rolling, barring any black swans, it’s going to 80k, probably by Turkey Day.  
Thereafter I would anticipate a sizable pull back around the Holidays. 

Have seen a nice bump this month.  By pure luck I didn’t have any holdings in the dip/sell off previously.

23 minutes ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

Just feeling awful today,  was doing okay the last few months , but feeling really depressed about my situation.  Being alone in the house sucks. Really miss my father. 

Life is hard. We’re here for you if/when you ever need to talk.