• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Met Fall 2021 Banter.

HoarfrostHubb

Electricity is .05 a kwh in Quebec while those in Massachusetts are paying like 5 times that at .24 kwh. The New England states all have some of the most expensive electricity in the US. Hydro Quebec has an insane amount of excess hydroelectric capacity up north and bringing that cheap power in would certainly drive down prices. 

• Like 2

I'm not feelin' it yet with the Red Sox.   I've seen nothing over the last two weeks that outright indicates they are proficient against play-off contenders - they've amassed and still are amassing wins off teams that are not.   Which they should win those games ...so yeah as far as that goes. But this thing over the weekend?  don't get caught up in it.  The Nationals should have been swept but actually ...one can argue the games were closer than they should have been...

Tonight game should be over by the 4th inning..some 7 -2 ... maybe a later rally to make in 9-6 but falling short.  No Bucky Dent heroics ala 1978 redux required. 

That's how I lean...  Am I absolutely confident - nah... wouldn't want be putting money down on this because they still are the same team that went nearly 70 games early in the year with reproducible big comebacks when they they shouldn't have on roster paper.  SO, can't say that mystique does or doesn't pop back in at the chagrin of Yankees.

1 hour ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

I bet most of the NIMBY's would prefer they run underground.

I love this stuff. For a while they were talking about converting cranberry bogs in Easton into a pretty large solar field. There were literally signs everywhere against the project.

Im Green until it inconveniences me in the slightest way, then screw you.

4 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I'm not feelin' it yet with the Red Sox.   I've seen nothing over the last two weeks that outright indicates they are proficient against play-off contenders - they've amassed and still are amassing wins off teams that are not.   Which they should win those games ...so yeah as far as that goes. But this thing over the weekend?  don't get caught up in it.  The Nationals should have been swept but actually ...one can argue the games were closer than they should have been...

Boy have I got some good news for you about the Yankees.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Eff it, cut 'em all down. Think about the ATV and snow mobile trail possibilities. 

Fook the 4 wheelers that blast through the off limits DCR land that abuts my house.  No one cares...  I really don't mind them passing at a normal pace through, but why the need to rev the engines for no reason...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Tonight game should be over by the 4th inning..some 7 -2 ... maybe a later rally to make in 9-6 but falling short.  No Bucky Dent heroics ala 1978 redux required. 

That's how I lean...  Am I absolutely confident - nah... wouldn't want be putting money down on this because they still are the same team that went nearly 70 games early in the year with reproducible big comebacks when they they shouldn't have on roster paper.  SO, can't say that mystique does or doesn't pop back in at the chagrin of Yankees.

I wouldn't put money on the Sox but Cole's been getting hit lately, unless he faces the Sox. Could be a good game tonight if Evoldi has his stuff.

There had been some noise about expanding the use of the existing power line ROWs in VT but that may have been to replace the Northern Pass that got shut down in NH.  Not sure if that was just a pie in the sky dream but I would think it would be a better option if at all feasible. 

On 9/28/2021 at 9:12 PM, dryslot said:

As do i as i was on those benches, Make sure you sit on your number  lol

I remember going about 50 years ago with my friend and his parents.  Sunny day but  highs were in the mid 20s on those benches.   Mini Mac Herron ran a punt back 76 yards for a td.   I was thinking of the distant cirrus on the SW horizon...

27 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I remember going about 50 years ago with my friend and his parents.  Sunny day but  highs were in the mid 20s on those benches.   Mini Mac Herron ran a punt back 76 yards for a td.   I was thinking of the distant cirrus on the SW horizon...

And he was mini too, ha ha