• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Met Fall 2021 Banter.

HoarfrostHubb

So my back started hurting pretty bad suddenly on Friday afternoon. I didn’t do anything that I would consider bad to injure myself that I can remember.

Its my very lower back almost around my waist… both sides. It’s very painful… and going down into my leg a bit.

It hurts to stand up, and it’s very hard to stand up straight. Im basically shuffling around

Any ideas what this could be or what could have happened? Ibuprofen hasn’t helped much at all.

10 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

So my back started hurting pretty bad suddenly on Friday afternoon. I didn’t do anything that I would consider bad to injure myself that I can remember.

Its my very lower back almost around my waist… both sides. It’s very painful… and going down into my leg a bit.

It hurts to stand up, and it’s very hard to stand up straight. Im basically shuffling around

Any ideas what this could be or what could have happened? Ibuprofen hasn’t helped much at all.

I’ve had that although not in the leg. You need to be careful. Keep trying to do stretches too. 

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I’ve had that although not in the leg. You need to be careful. Keep trying to do stretches too. 

I’m trying to do some stretches but it’s so painful and after I try to work it out a bit, the pain is borderline excruciating. It’s like radiating around my entire lower back area. Sucks 

40 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I’m trying to do some stretches but it’s so painful and after I try to work it out a bit, the pain is borderline excruciating. It’s like radiating around my entire lower back area. Sucks 

Sounds like your back is in spasm.  Possibly a nerve being pinched.

Do you know any good chiropractors. 

1 hour ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Did you try a heating pad?

My wife's been complaining about the same thing, she went to the doctor, next is x-rays and a chiropractor, she thinks pinched nerve but hard to tell without x-rays.

1 hour ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Sounds like your back is in spasm.  Possibly a nerve being pinched.

Do you know any good chiropractors. 

1 hour ago, yoda said:

Did you try a heating pad?

37 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

My wife's been complaining about the same thing, she went to the doctor, next is x-rays and a chiropractor, she thinks pinched nerve but hard to tell without x-rays.

I’ve done heat and ice and been rotating meds and nothing has really helped… before the game later I’m going to try to do some light stretching. Certain movements really exacerbate it.

46 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I’ve done heat and ice and been rotating meds and nothing has really helped… before the game later I’m going to try to do some light stretching. Certain movements really exacerbate it.

My wife bought some back massager thinga-majiggy and it gives her relief for awhile but the pain keeps coming back. You made need a chiro too.

Sciatica.  Pinched nerve from disc slip or bulge. Rotate ice heat,it takes time to relax. If no relief go to an ER. They can give you a shot of Tramadol and some nerve relaxers. Hope you feel better. 

Starting in my mid 40s I had occasional terrible back spasms/strains whatever’s.  They were awful.  Rest, heat, anti inflammatory OTC meds helped.  
I’ve started to do a lot more exercise in the past 18 or so months (since Covid hit) and try to do a bunch of core and stretching/yoga/Pilates type stuff along with weights. 

That has helped a ton. Good luck to you

One thing I always notice when I watch TV up here in Randolph is how many companies and politicians making commercials directed at Maine residents try very hard to hype up the fact that they are "authentic Mainers" or "from Maine." Just something that you don't see much in MD. It seems to be a big deal when trying to reach customers/voters in Maine to ensure they know you are a local and not some out of towner.

I am really enjoying the CMP corridor commercials pointing out that the power is "for Massachusetts." LOL dripping with sarcasm.

28 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

One thing I always notice when I watch TV up here in Randolph is how many companies and politicians making commercials directed at Maine residents try very hard to hype up the fact that they are "authentic Mainers" or "from Maine." Just something that you don't see much in MD. It seems to be a big deal when trying to reach customers/voters in Maine to ensure they know you are a local and not some out of towner.

I am really enjoying the CMP corridor commercials pointing out that the power is "for Massachusetts." LOL dripping with sarcasm.

Happens in places with a strong sense of place and where there are transplants.  Upstate (far upstate) NY, VT, NH, ME all make sense.  The UP of Michigan.  Happens in mountain communities out west.  It’s huge in Alaska, you better be from there and not moved there from the Lower 48.  Marketing firms love it, trying to invoke a localism emotional pride.

It only creates divide too. Makes the lifelong resident authentic and the transplant who moved from *gasp* somewhere else the interloper.  

Definitely an interesting thing found outside more populated areas.  Like no one gave a sh*t where I grew up in Albany, NY but like a couple hours north or west you find it once into the Adirondacks or even countryside Mohawk Valley.

Hell even Hollywood loves creating that scene… how many movies involve someone or a family moving from urban/suburban setting to countryside setting and resulting small town USA is highly skeptical of them.

• Like 1