Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Met Fall 2021 Banter.

HoarfrostHubb

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

....And anyone who doesn't think Brady is a narcissist is damn naive. He concealed it less and less towards the end, which crated more tension between himself and the head narcissist.

I guess my only question is how can you have that kind of success and NOT be a narcissist. He makes everything look so effortless in all aspects of his life..

Mm... I tend to agree with F*cker and Spaz ... My impression of their general take fits best with my own memory over the last 5 .. 7 years.  In short, the organization made it hard on the QB.

The Patriots were stingy in putting the pieces around what is likely the best QB in the history of the game...beginning ~ 7 years ago, and it was a motif of stinginess that seemed to only to get worse - almost like "souring the milk" began to then cottage immediately after the deflate-gate.

To me, that all means, 'team to encourage out' out said franchise QB.  There's too much odor of professional, and ego, grind-smoke during and since that era. Plus, TB was asserting a lot more control (due to intangibles and this that and the other thing ) over an organization that is run by a ego maniac ( most likely ... arrogant at minimum and couldnt stand it )  ... that's just when the marriage entered divorce proceedings.

- the evidence is difficult to ignore ..

... the organization made it difficult for the QB.    The "why" in doing so, could be boobery at an organizational level, but all things being equal ,...mm, I suspect it was a calculated method (longer view ) to take back control of the company.   

Unfortunately, they are draining all that cache they built over  18 years of traditional winning, because .. heh, fans have short memories.  The more these weeks tick by and they put out a product that is frankly excruciating when not embarrassing to watch, they are going to get hurt by that.  But also, legacies are on the line now because the more this goes on, the more this looks really, really bad for management above the field, all included. Particularly when the talent squeezed out has a super bowl ring since.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cyclone-68 said:

I guess my only question is how can you have that kind of success and NOT be a narcissist. He makes everything look so effortless in all aspects of his life..

Agree 100%. I'm not saying he is a bad person....this speaks to my point about pro sports his filled with narcissists.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Yea, Kraft porked Brady letting him hoist the Lombardi in front of his rival jack shack in Tampa Bay.

The moral of the story is you need to look out for yourself.  It's not like the Pats ever hesitated dropping someone as soon as there was even a hint of a performance decline.  The Pats got as much out of Gronk as he got out of them.  There is no loyalty in sports.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mreaves said:

The moral of the story is you need to look out for yourself.  It's not like the Pats ever hesitated dropping someone as soon as there was even a hint of a performance decline.  The Pats got as much out of Gronk as he got out of them.  There is no loyalty in sports.

You can do that without crying like a fraudulent bafoon on national TV about how scared you are for your health, and then coming back a year later once Brady leaves.

Again, Brady looked out for himself and I have no issue..guys holdout....understood. But he acted like a terd.

Pathetic and a disgrace.

35 minutes ago, mreaves said:

As Bill Parcells used to always tell his star players, "the fans don't root for you, they root for the laundry"

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

We have been spoiled.   Some of the folks on here don't remember the 2-14 / 1-15  years   Playing in front of 14000 fans in Schaefer Stadium, sitting on aluminum benches.

I remember... 

As do i as i was on those benches, Make sure you sit on your number  lol

• Haha 1

Heh Jesus 

You ever think about it …the number of bacteria on earth is estimated to be around 5,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000, and basically an uncountable vastness in viruses. 

They can be found everywhere from the top of the Himalayas to deep in the planetary lithosphere. 

And we think we’re ever sanitary. Masks and OCD hand washing … whatever 

Reality check:  Earth is no different than a sewage cistern  

13 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

We have been spoiled.   Some of the folks on here don't remember the 2-14 / 1-15  years   Playing in front of 14000 fans in Schaefer Stadium, sitting on aluminum benches.

I remember... 

Great field, too.  I recall a 6-3 loss to the Jets (IIRC) in a howling SE rainstorm.  John Stephens had about 175 yards rushing and got the Pats into the red zone during the final minute.  However, the pond was ankle deep on that part of the field, making a figgie attempt near impossible especially into the 50 mph gusts, and they failed to convert the 4th down.  When I'd tuned in during Q3 I wondered why the view was terrible - could hardly see the players in windblown rain/mist.

Rod Rust, Victor Kiam, "Patriot missile" - consistent futility.

2 hours ago, tamarack said:

Great field, too.  I recall a 6-3 loss to the Jets (IIRC) in a howling SE rainstorm.  John Stephens had about 175 yards rushing and got the Pats into the red zone during the final minute.  However, the pond was ankle deep on that part of the field, making a figgie attempt near impossible especially into the 50 mph gusts, and they failed to convert the 4th down.  When I'd tuned in during Q3 I wondered why the view was terrible - could hardly see the players in windblown rain/mist.

Rod Rust, Victor Kiam, "Patriot missile" - consistent futility.

I helped to build a house that John Stephens ordered. I actually broke a toe when I dropped part of an oak staircase on it... which led to "toenail talk"...lol   Rod Rust lived in a house near my parent's house (one that a friend lived in when we were kids)

• Like 1

On 9/21/2021 at 8:50 PM, Supernovice said:

Really interesting report I saw today- cliff notes:

28 of the largest U.S. financial institutions hold $2.2T in syndicated loan exposure. Impact of climate change could be 10% of that portfolio or $200-250B. Which wow- that is NOT priced in. Below is from the report.

F2E9C19C-78BA-4055-AB8E-886A059A1606.jpeg

Can you provide the report this is from?

On 9/21/2021 at 9:24 PM, CoastalWx said:

What’s that supposed to mean? Consequences of physical climate risk? That right there is called weather happens. 

This is connected to the Task Force for Climate Related Disclosure (TCFD). TCFD defines climate-related risk as either Physical or Transitional. 

For physical risk, physical risk can either be defined as acute or chronic. Acute being weather as we know it, but with the increased ferocity of weather events that is expected to be realized as the climate changes. Chronic being connected to rising sea levels, changes in precipitation patterns, etc.

Transitional risk centers around identify those financial investments that may ultimately be stranded as the economy transitions from high- to low-carbon intensive.

TCFD is designed to assist financial institution with also identifying opportunities for sound financial investment in changing economy.