Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Met Fall 2021 Banter.

HoarfrostHubb

3 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Yes that is certainly true.  
Of course, plenty of bands are still doing complete concept type albums but that’s not really a formula for success in sales.

As far as I can tell most people don’t even have full size stereo systems in their house anymore.  It’s all Bluetooth through a sound stick. I’ve always been a low budget audiophile so we still have the full set up in the living room.  We still have a ton of CDs and of course my record collection and listen to both frequently.

Yes, of course we also will listen to Pandora and Spotify at times because of convenience. As far as digital files go, I only have “lossless” files on my hard drive and a lot of those are 24-bit that I play through a DAC from my computer to my stereo

When people say they can’t tell the difference between streaming/MP3 versus higher quality formats they are either not trying or not interested in better sound.  That’s fine, as long as they’re happy with their music.

Having a decent stereo in the living room is how I grew up and definitely a cool thing to do today. I agree on the quality differences between compressed MP3 shit through a BT speaker and what you can get out of a real setup that fills a room.

I always enjoyed having music on in the living room while just doing whatever. Seems now most people use TV reruns as background noise instead.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Our daughter is into buying new records.  Holy expensive.  It’s her $ so up to her.  I’m trying to get her into used records but not many places around here to get them.  
She just has an inexpensive turntable but I’m glad she is listening to stuff.  

Yeah, the new stuff is not cheap.

if she’s into newer artists on vinyl it’s hard to find that stuff used anyway.

Classic stuff is pretty easy to find used but there aren’t really many stores I can think of out near you.  It’s been a few years but I believe “That’s Entertainment” in Fitchburg has a decent new and used selection. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Yeah, the new stuff is not cheap.

if she’s into newer artists on vinyl it’s hard to find that stuff used anyway.

Classic stuff is pretty easy to find used but there aren’t really many stores I can think of out near you.  It’s been a few years but I believe “That’s Entertainment” in Fitchburg has a decent new and used selection. 

I always forget about that place. I will bring her there soon.  She is attending her first concert tomorrow night.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

download.jpeg

What a bizarre season for both teams.  Highs and lows.  Started with two straight sweeps of the Yankees by the Red Sox… ended with two straight sweeps of the Red Sox by the Yankees.  Season series 10-9 in favor of the Sox but basically dead nuts even.

Entertaining year for sure between the two clubs.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Crazy things happen

Yeah get hot at the right time… or even get a couple players hot at the right time.  Like Stanton single handily won that series.  That’s all it takes in a best of 5.

Part of me sees the Yankees having a tough 6 games left but if they do well against the Jays and Rays, they will have sky high confidence.  If the Red Sox do well against the Orioles and Nats, it’s like ok fine but doesn’t mean much for confidence.

• Like 1