Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Met Fall 2021 Banter.

HoarfrostHubb

32 minutes ago, Supernovice said:

Really interesting report I saw today- cliff notes:

28 of the largest U.S. financial institutions hold $2.2T in syndicated loan exposure. Impact of climate change could be 10% of that portfolio or $200-250B. Which wow- that is NOT priced in. Below is from the report.

F2E9C19C-78BA-4055-AB8E-886A059A1606.jpeg

What’s that supposed to mean? Consequences of physical climate risk? That right there is called weather happens. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

What’s that supposed to mean? Consequences of physical climate risk? That right there is called weather happens. 

Correct-ish, Physical and financial…this is all encompassing, private equity, business loans, real estate- literally everything. But below is the breakout.  The indirect impacts are the largest like supply chain disruption, lost productivity etc. I think this is about a lot more than weather. Gotta think this impacts our children’s lives tremendously. 

C41B78F6-CE60-428E-8D1A-B754AE173E51.jpeg

4 hours ago, PhineasC said:

Yup, gotta try everything at least once.

Years ago, when I was more involved in the study of Chinese and Japanese healing arts and to some extent martial arts, I ate a lot of interesting things at "family and friends" dinner gatherings.  It was a huge insult to turn your nose up or dismiss something based on appearance or what you thought it was.  Most of what I tried was delicious or at least palatable.  A few things were a complete gag reflex.  I was naive at the time but now I consider myself fortunate to have had traditional meals with Japanese, Chinese and Indonesian families.

I was at dinner party in Kyoto Japan, eating amazing Sashimi and then the chef/host brought out huge live shrimp that he cracked and cut down the middle and handed us with a delicate smear of wasabi and soy.  I threw back a shot of Shochu rice liquor, closed my eyes and politely ate something that was moving a few seconds before. It tasted fine but took some fortitude.  I can't remember the Japanese term but they are called "dancers' due to the moving legs as it's handed to you.  

Chinese jellyfish salad was an interesting experience in terms of texture.  Some of the Korean vegetable and egg ferments I've tried have been intense.  Not good if you have a date the next day. 

Overall, in terms of Asian cuisine, Japanese is my favorite. Also very healthy food outside of the fried delights from the street vendors.

• Like 2

I just looked into tickets BOS > MAN in February. Would head to Huddersfield to see family and Liverpool to catch the Reds take on Norwich (scintillating matchup, I know). The plane tickets were pretty pricey. I have enough airline miles to cover 2 round trip tickets but the extra fees added up to almost $600 each. It’s pretty far out so I’ll check again as we get closer. 
Airline tickets are definitely pricier than 18 months ago. Maybe once they have recouped some of the lost revenues, prices might drop. Fewer flights now too, at least on Aer Lingus. Going to London for a few days, then back north before I head home. Might go to the Huddersfield v Blackburn match on Tuesday. Definitely enjoyed last night's City match more than Saturday's!

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, powderfreak said:

All I remember is sweaty deli meats and stale bread at the “sandwich bar” :lol:.  

My memories of the cafeteria at Hopkins included the famous vile veal stew, green beans cooked to mush and soaked in bacon fat, cube steak with nothing but soup spoons with which to attack it, and frequent episodes of top-and-bottom misery - only once for me, from a veal cutlet, after which I consistently chose the tuna salad.  And on the cube steak adventure, a friend was bashing it with the spoon when birdshot clicked onto the plate.

On 9/21/2021 at 7:56 AM, STILL N OF PIKE said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2021/09/21/evergrande-debt-crisis-interest-payments-on-bondsimpact-on-investors.html

11% of ALL high yield bonds from Asia are Evergrande’s and they do not look to be paying on them ...I bet most major banks have significant exposure 

There are plenty of "terminal" images from reddit floating around. Looks like Blackrock, Ashmore, UBS, and RBC have big exposure. I'd bet the Chinese government saves their own, scoops up the properties, the west is left holding some heavy bags. 

May have made a Mexican Italian combo that gives a flavor of both in one bite. Fantastic,  just made it up in my mind.

In a crock pot slow cook 8 hours

2 cans tomato soup,  8 garden tomatoes grinded up with food processor, 1 package taco season, 2 crushed cloves of garlic, 4 green peppers grounded up, 4 Jablano peppers grinded up, 2 tablespoons of Cayenne pepper. 2 dozen mini Italian meatballs, 3 cups of rice. Stir every hour or so, turn to low last 2 hours. Oh my god.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

May have made a Mexican Italian combo that gives a flavor of both in one bite. Fantastic,  just made it up in my mind.

2 cans tomato soup,  8 garden tomatoes grinded up with food processor, 1 package taco season, 2 crushed cloves of garlic, 4 green peppers grounded up, 4 Jablano peppers grinded up, 2 tablespoons of Cayenne pepper. 2 dozen mini Italian meatballs, 3 cups of rice. Stir every hour or so, turn to low last 2 hours. Oh my god.

Awesome. Now I will also need your Italian tomato gravy recipe. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Where's the gravy?

1 hour ago, PhineasC said:

These vehicle shortages are crazy. Up here in NH there is very little inventory. I am ready to buy a vehicle but no one has anything.

Your 2021 are now 2022's maybe (pending chips)

1 hour ago, PhineasC said:

Yeah, I thought I might buy something lightly used since there was nothing available new, but that is not happening. There is not much used inventory either and what is there is crazy high.

Don't even bother to look at pick ups.... it's insane.  People I work with still buying cars.....I be like you don't even need one, don't feed into the insanity! 

10 hours ago, PhineasC said:

These vehicle shortages are crazy. Up here in NH there is very little inventory. I am ready to buy a vehicle but no one has anything.

It's everywhere.  We managed to grab one of the last 2021 Lexus NX 300h off the lot last month.  It had literally just arrived and hadn't even been stripped and prepped for sale before we jumped on it.