Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Met Fall 2021 Banter.

HoarfrostHubb

3 hours ago, amarshall said:

I hate baseball and that was good. 

Ha yeah they said that throw was like 320 feet I think.  Think about your local high school football field and have a buddy go down in the far end zone… try and hit him in the chest with the baseball on one hop from the other end zone.  It’s insane :lol:.

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Ha yeah they said that throw was like 320 feet I think.  Think about your local high school football field and have a buddy go down in the far end zone… try and hit him in the chest with the baseball on one hop from the other end zone.  It’s insane :lol:.

I'm not a huge baseball fan anymore either but I still think of those close plays from the outfield as some of the most exciting in all of sports.

3 hours ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

i don't see how this anniversary is any different than all the others.

I saw a brief piece on it yesterday and just could not bear to watch it... I found it strange because earlier I could view those without getting as anxious as I have felt. Just a deep pit inside of me on that topic.

34 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I saw a brief piece on it yesterday and just could not bear to watch it... I found it strange because earlier I could view those without getting as anxious as I have felt. Just a deep pit inside of me on that topic.

Life altering moment for just about every American that was cognizant of it.  Still feels like yesterday in some respect. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, powderfreak said:

After watching the play about 10 times and using Google earth, looks like that throw carried about 285' on the fly and 20+ on the bounce.  That's assuming my guess on where Renfroe picked up the ball and a release about 10' from the track.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Someone’s lying 

I could see it.  MLB rules are very weird with COVID.  If you are vaccinated you do not need to get tested as much as unvaccinated, despite those players still transmitting it if they have it.

Based on Cora and Bloom’s statements I could see the Sox just testing everyone and often.  And MLB telling them they don’t have to.  And they are like nah we are good, going to test all, not just symptomatic.

19 minutes ago, snowman21 said:

We just got Halloween candy a couple of weeks ago. Egg nog won't be on the shelves until around Halloween. Why do you guys get it so much earlier?

I feel like Halloween Candy came out at Shaws Supermarket up here when they put away the 4th of July stuff.  They have a “seasonal aisle” that they always seem to be one full season ahead of reality.

7 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I feel like Halloween Candy came out at Shaws Supermarket up here when they put away the 4th of July stuff.  They have a “seasonal aisle” that they always seem to be one full season ahead of reality.

We seriously had candy out in mid July here.  Have not yet seen eggnog (but I haven’t looked)

With the rise in precious metals catalytic converters are being stolen like crazy now. My brother in New Haven said his whole neighborhood has been hit multiple times. They go under with a Sawzall and cut it out in less than a minute. I looked up prices and they are worth a few hundred in scrap each. The repair bills can be huge as a new converter are often over 1k for just the converter. My brother had to spend 1800 to get his Honda fixed. 

Screenshot_20210910-063159_Chrome.jpg

• Sad 1

Prius owners often wake to find their car sounding like a obnoxiously loud performance exhaust After their cats are snipped . They have some of the highest amount of precious metals .

My car has cats that are difficult to get at and crooks tend to favor the easier targets . Many Go for 500-600 in scrap value which is often 40% of total metal values .

• Like 1