Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Met Fall 2021 Banter.

HoarfrostHubb

57 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Let’s just get a Wild Card death match between the two of them (let’s be honest, most just want those two to play each other in a 6-hour meaningful marathon), party like it’s the super bowl, and call it a season.

I'll need to do wellness checks on my old man if it happens thanks to this guy.

Bucky Dent still relishing in 1978 homer vs. Red Sox - Sports Illustrated

26 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

Neither of us WS caliber, agree with you on that point.

Every time I look at the Giants line-up and see their BAs I think that but that team looks similar to the 2010 team that won it. Plus, think they are 1st or 2nd in the league in home runs and that bullpen is beyond solid. 

3 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Looks like no real end in sight for the automotive supply chain shortage.

Sucks because we are starting to look and the new and used markets are awful right now. Sellers market.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/09/06/vw-ford-daimler-fear-chip-shortage-could-persist-for-some-time.html

Same forces in of lacking supplies appears to permeate an effect throughout all economics.  

One problem, there's no one available to purchase. But also, "seller" and "greed" tend to be compatible signs on the economic zodiac chart and thus makes it hard for purchasing powers to meet their costs....blah blah...

I used to get cold calls and text from ...whomever or whatever outfit cleaved my phone number illegally out of whatever database ( heh ..), asking me to buy my house, as is, no questions ask, flat rate ...take money and walk.  Those calls have suddenly stopped in the last 3 to 6 months.   Others have expressed getting these calls.  I wonder if they've also seen their frequencies suddenly fade as of late. 

These were 'home flippers' - most likely - targeting a prime market for that particular practice, here in Ayer.

The "affluence ring" moving west of Metro through the 1980s and 1990s, has propagated outside of I-495 ( ~ ), now making through these townships between I-91 and 495.  Ayer being one of them.  This 'free money speculation wave' has really quite suddenly reevaluated the region substantially. I haven't Zilla'ed my own home/property value, per se, but it's true...  30 to even 50% over the market valuations from just 10 years ago has us wondering if we've won lotteries.  That's HUGE... free money.   

But, why this appeals to developers and flippers is because going from a modestly economically depressed generational/blue -collar setting, into one with draw and appeal power ( for whatever forces ultimately drives speculation aside ...)  means ( to them ..) there is a crop ( likely ..) of outstanding refinanced and/or troublesome mortgages.  Natural assumption, people might want/need help in getting out of those obligations.   Throw 200K at 'em, resident cleans out... flipper comes in, resells for double appreciation:  edifice upgrade + the appreciation bestowed upon the region by said serendipitous speculation wave. 

It's a win -win really.  There are those that want out; kissing those that give that means to do so, the kisser than makes 100% profit.  I mean there are some places  ... rumor has it, that were previously 200K closing at 480 and shit. man -

So, I'm rambling subject matter "...yeah, every knows how this works" - but that's not my point. The calls have slowed and in fact, I haven't gotten one in 2 months now after a steady died. The problem is, it is going to cost too much to fixer-up and resell, or build new.  Supply issues appear to styming matters?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Sucks because we are starting to look and the new and used markets are awful right now. Sellers market.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/09/06/vw-ford-daimler-fear-chip-shortage-could-persist-for-some-time.html

Got my optima back after engine seizure . Brand new factory engine , hoping to now get at least 8k. 

2 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Crypto down 10-20% today , ho hum this market must trade on a ton of leverage to have these semi normal rug pulls

It’s big whales pulling the rug and liquidating the overleveraged traders. They then swoop right in and pick up the bargain crypto‘s as prices resume the upward trajectory.  
i’ve watched it over and over again the past few years.  As always though, it’s timing that bottom and getting in at the nadir to reap the rewards on the way back up. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Crypto down 10-20% today , ho hum this market must trade on a ton of leverage to have these semi normal rug pulls

Since February there is a heck of a correlation between crypto-dumps and the meme stocks running.  Look at this then compare these dates to your favorite cryptos lol. Not my chart by the way. Already have AMC up 9% today, CLOV up 23%, and GME earnings/announcements tomorrow. 

sfs0yckb1th71.png?width=2206&format=png&auto=webp&s=9aaeceb4c052dda25f0bc04c671acceb77f8fe21

8 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

It's horrible.  Maybe it's planned so they force us to take more public transportation or make us work from home....means less green house gas and wear and tear on our roads? But all conspiracies aside I should have bought last year.   Especially pick ups

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

5 minutes ago, dryslot said:

One of the great Pat's RB's of the 70's, He played when the Pat's were awful.

I've never been a Pats fan but my true dislike for them started with those teams.  Since I am from Georgia originally, I was a fan of the University of Georgia and when the Pats drafted their QB Andy Johnson, I was excited.  They then made him a running back and Steve Grogan was the QB.  I hated them for that. From a rational, adult perspective, that makes complete sense.  From the perspective of a 10 year old kid though it was a complete slap in the face and I have never been able to get over that initial resentment.

1 hour ago, J Paul Gordon said:

Whoa!  Coming here to see what anyone might be talking about weatherwise and reading 4 pages of this is like going down the rabbit hole. Still, great to see people are doing fine and talking baseball lol! Happy meterological fall and all that too.

It's the banter thread.