Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Met Fall 2021 Banter.

HoarfrostHubb

8 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Haha "Check please, waiter."

Baseball is entertainment and that was entertaining for 4 hours until the last 15 minutes really.

It was like the 'Count Rugen' ( Princess Bride - ) torture chamber game. 

"...The concept of sucking at Baseball is a century old, only here, we're not sucking Baseball ... we're sucking life.   We've just sucked 5 hours of your life away.   We hope to one day go as high as a whole regular season, but we really don't know what that would do to you.   So, let's just begin with what we have here.   And remember - this is for the Schadenfreude of the front office, so please ... be honest.  How do you feel?"  

" ...eewwhahhahhhaaa"

" Interesting - "

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

It was like the 'Count Rugen' ( Princess Bride - ) torture chamber game. 

"...The concept of sucking at Baseball is a century old, only here, we're not sucking Baseball ... we're sucking life.   We've just sucked 5 hours of your life away.   We hope to one day go as high as a whole regular season, but we really don't know what that would do to you.   So, let's just begin with what we have here.   And remember - this is for the Schadenfreude of the front office, so please ... be honest.  How do you feel?"  

" ...eewwhahhahhhaaa"

" Interesting - "

But if they win you look at you differently, don't you?

Just now, DavisStraight said:

But if they win you look at you differently, don't you?

Uh no ... I was just thinking about this - it won't change my opinion that this game was played by ( really both ) teams playing shit baseball.

I mean I guess if your team gets the W ?  But it was bad day for the Sox when they were up 7-1 ... Slew of bumbling errors and bad pitching and frankly TB didn't look much better.

But also, the previous was supposed to be funny ;)   guess not huh

After every loss for the past like 6 weeks Red Sox and Yankee fans both comment their team is done :lol:.  Let’s just get a Wild Card death match between the two of them (let’s be honest, most just want those two to play each other in a 6-hour meaningful marathon), party like it’s the super bowl, and call it a season.

Always fun, baseball is awesome.  Get ‘em tomorrow night.  No other sport you can suffer a defeat and then just wake up and forget it.  Football you gotta stew on that shit for a week.

• Haha 1

Just now, powderfreak said:

After every loss for the past like 6 weeks Red Sox and Yankee fans both comment their team is done :lol:.  Let’s just get a Wild Card death match between the two of them (let’s be honest, most just want those two to play each other in a 6-hour meaningful marathon), party like it’s the super bowl, and call it a season.

Always fun, baseball is awesome.  Get ‘em tomorrow night.  No other sport you can suffer a defeat and then just wake up and forget it.  Football you gotta stew on that shit for a week.

I’m serious. Both teams may not get in 

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I’m serious. Both teams may not get in 

No they may not, of course but I’m still betting they do.  Need @ORH_wxman’s statistical take on what should get there by the numbers.  He usually looks at it outside emotions better and in numbers.

I’m thinking if both teams can play .550 win percentage they can get it with 3 game lead right now. Seattle’s run differential is so bad that it’ll fall apart at some point.  Jay’s are definitely the concern.  A’s look worst than Yanks and Sox.

7 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

No they may not, of course but I’m still betting they do.  Need @ORH_wxman’s statistical take on what should get there by the numbers.  He usually looks at it outside emotions better and in numbers.

I’m thinking if both teams can play .550 win percentage they can get it with 3 game lead right now. Seattle’s run differential is so bad that it’ll fall apart at some point.  Jay’s are definitely the concern.  A’s look worst than Yanks and Sox.

Yanks cannot . Win 13 in a row.. then lose 6 out next 8.. 2 to the Orioles. Walk off mic drop 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Angry 

Can tie it into winter snowfall discussion, ha.  It's like if someone told you 25 days ago the Yanks could go 15-8, will you sign on the dotted line?  The answer is likely yes.  Just like if any Sox fan in March was told would you take a 3 game lead for the Wild Card on September 6th?  Most would sign right up.  It's how you get there that's infuriating.

Like a winter where in November if someone said hey, would you sign up for a slightly over-performing snow year in a Super Nino?  Yes?  Then it snows like 50-70 inches by mid-January/MLK but rains for 3 months straight after that with only 0.8" of snowfall (as sleet) falling in the next 90 days :lol:.  End of the season snow total looks above average in many SNE locals but after the big start everyone got huge visions of epicosity in their head.... only to break 1-2 laptops per week after that and declare it the worst winter ever.

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Can tie it into winter snowfall discussion, ha.  It's like if someone told you 25 days ago the Yanks could go 15-8, will you sign on the dotted line?  The answer is likely yes.  Just like if any Sox fan in March was told would you take a 3 game lead for the Wild Card on September 6th?  Most would sign right up.  It's how you get there that's infuriating.

Like a winter where in November if someone said hey, would you sign up for a slightly over-performing snow year in a Super Nino?  Yes?  Then it snows like 50-70 inches by mid-January but then rains for 3 months straight after that with only 0.8" of snowfall (as sleet) falling in 90 days :lol:.  End of the season snow total looks above average in many SNE locals but after the big start everyone got huge visions of epicosity in their head.... only to break 1-2 laptops per week after that and declare it the worst winter ever.

I don’t look at it that way. To me, this is crunch time . You’ve got to be clicking on all cylinders. Beating up on the bad teams and playing at least .600 vs winning teams. Both Sox and Yanks are flawed. They can both get in sure. Neither team as is .. is a WS caliber 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I don’t look at it that way. To me, this is crunch time . You’ve got to be clicking on all cylinders. Beating up on the bad teams and playing at least .600 vs winning teams. Both Sox and Yanks are flawed. They can both get in sure. Neither team as is .. is a WS caliber 

Neither of us WS caliber, agree with you on that point.

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Yeah that ship sailed for me weeks ago.  They for sure aren't anywhere near WS caliber.  In the end, really only 2 out of 30 teams get there.  Rays are just a better team this season.  Astros too.  The real big boys are the Dodgers and Giants.  Watching those games the past few days between those two was wild.  They are both like super-teams.  And only one of them can go to the WS.  One will be the 2nd best team in all of MLB and have to play a 1-game wild card too!

No way either Red Sox or Yanks can come anywhere close to a WS, I don't think they'd make a Division Series win.  But I've been rooting for the first ever Yankees/Red Sox Wild Card game... just one night of baseball between rivals.  One final 5 hour marathon on a Friday evening in October, nationally televised.... after that I don't care :lol:.  Let the both bullpens implode and have both teams score 25 runs combined.  Just give me that one game.  Go out in a blaze of fiery error-filled glory.

• Like 1