• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Met Fall 2021 Banter.

HoarfrostHubb

Though August finished on a cool note, it was the warmest August of 24 here.  

Avg max:  76.48    1.50 AN   Hottest:  88 on the 13th
Avg min:   57.48    4.57 AN   Coolest:  44 on the 16th  Had 17 daily minima 60+, most for any month, 2 more than July 2010 and 4 more than the previous top August, 2003.
Mean:       66.98    3.04 AN and 0.24 warmer than #2, 2001

Precip:  3.07"   0.86" BN   Wettest day:  0.80" on the 29th.

Met summer was a see-saw:
June:  Temp 4.2 AN, RA:  4.0" BN, driest of 24 Junes
July:   Temp 2.6  BN, RA:  2.2" AN
Aug:   Temp 3.0  AN, RA:  0.9" BN
JJA:   
Temp 66.74  1.50 AN, 4th warmest, less than 0.1 below 2001 and 2005 but a full degree lower than 1999.
RA:  10.37", 2.70" BN

39 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Beautiful sunset to kick off met fall. 

It was nuts!  Looking on Instagram for #Stowe and like 15 of the first 20 are from this evening's sunset, haha.  I think a dozen friends posted it too.  Everyone in awe.

Here's my version walking the dog around the soccer/lacrosse/softball fields in Stowe. 

240962131_10104624155567040_684706774171

• Like 7

Red Sox have 9 ILer’s out on COVID protocols …

W.      T.      F.  

yet they just finished a 3 game win streak and are still in the the conversation for Wild Card ..

I mean the Yankees got their guys back and a week later put up 14 wind in a row. 

I didn’t realize it was that bad down at the Fens

8 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Red Sox have 9 ILer’s out on COVID protocols …

W.      T.      F.  

yet they just finished a 3 game win streak and are still in the the conversation for Wild Card ..

I mean the Yankees got their guys back and a week later put up 14 wind in a row. 

I didn’t realize it was that bad down at the Fens

They are one of the few teams that did not meet the 85% vax threshold.  That might be a factor.   
Some of the replacements have added some juice to the clubhouse maybe?  Moving Richards to the bp has helped a lot too.  
If they can even get a decent streak going that will help    Some dregs of the league on the schedule as well

4 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

They are one of the few teams that did not meet the 85% vax threshold.  That might be a factor.   
Some of the replacements have added some juice to the clubhouse maybe?  Moving Richards to the bp has helped a lot too.  
If they can even get a decent streak going that will help    Some dregs of the league on the schedule as well

Essentially ... the playoffs have begun. 

Glancing around the standings, Tampa Bay is the outlier ( but I still wonder if their correction vector points back to the other division leaders...), otherwise, the other division leads are all 78 .. 79 wins.  Some owe games/post-pones, so those need to be played.  Until that happens, parity among the top contenders is actually including those that may end up play-in as wildcards.

It is as though the playoffs have begun.

This recent 3-game win streak was probably a season defining momentum ... perhaps savior to the season.  Why? The combination of the parity, with the timing of this win streak.  If they had gone another week in a .500 tepidity, while the other division leads played even .600 ball, historically the 3 game win streaks don't seem to parlay in those situations. It becomes the difference of controlling their own destiny, vs having to wait for other team's losses.

I like their chances in controlling this weekend's Cleveland series.  For one, the season series, so far, has this match-up clearly in Boston's favor. The momentum in team-rivals is an obvious intangible advantage.  But also I don't think Cleveland pitching matches very well against Boston line-up, perhaps idiosyncratically - our guys just spray off their pitchers. 

The saying goes, 'just win every series.' Certainly true. However, with the parity being what it is, ... yeah a sweep or two thrown into the mix needs to break the parity and move them up the standings. With 9 IL'ed core members being replaced by this tactic of unknowns - it isn't a sustainable [ usually ] gample.  Opponent pitchers/ defenses will 'figure them out' eventually. The rookie flash inevitably flat-lines to a .180 earth. With COVID, they had no choice, and it has worked for the last three games.  And I have to admit, it seems like the pit is more electrified and exuberant in the game-casts.  Maybe the prior specter of the 9 IL was hanging over them, drawing them into a malaise that never ends well.

• Like 2

I realize this site's overseer(s) are in a sort of anathema over COVID talk ... Frankly, after thousands of Internet pages, that really were repeating content ... reduxed with different words as though it were all novel ideas and discoveries, but really was just saying the same shit relentlessly... One can understand.   I certainly don't mean or want to flout that agenda.  

This isn't about/for the pandemic.  It's about how Humanity isn't allowing the Darwinian forces from operating, those that in Nature's miraculous genius, emerged on this world in order to perfect the skill and trade of any of it's countless genomic members [ necessarily ..] dialed into the 'Gaia system':

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2021/09/04/1034217306/ivermectin-overdose-exposure-cases-poison-control-centers

Soooo ludicrous I couldn't even finish reading the article out of disgust. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I realize this site's overseer(s) are in a sort of anathema over COVID talk ... frankly, after thousands of Internet pages that really was repeating content ... reduxed with different words as though it were novel ideas and discoveries, but really just saying the same same shit relentlessly... one can understand.   I certainly don't mean or want to flout that agenda.  

This isn't about/for the pandemic.  It's about how Humanity isn't allowing the Darwinian forces from operating, those that in Nature's miraculous genius, emerged on this world in order to perfect the skill and trade of any of it's countless genomic members [ necessarily ..] dialed into the 'Gaia system':

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2021/09/04/1034217306/ivermectin-overdose-exposure-cases-poison-control-centers

Soooo ludicrous I couldn't even finish reading the article out of disgust. 

WS sums it best, “What Fools These Mortals Be”. As always …..

• Haha 1

Not sure if any of y’all remember the guy but Willard Scott passed this morning. “Today Show” circa 1980 …
87 years old 

I think I might have been 5 .. 7 yrs old and that was the first TV weatherman I watched. .. He was like a gateway drug. For I soon was exposed to better highs with local affiliates … then the early good yrs of TWC arrived and completed my journey to full-on heroine 

Heh … actually it was the Cleveland Superbomb that checked me into rehab as  the full-on addict … and two years later … the EF3 (older rating system) tornado that carved a trench though Kalamazoo’s downtown that was the OD

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Not sure if any of y’all remember the guy but Willard Scott passed this morning. 

I think I might have been 5 .. 7 yrs old and that was the first TV weatherman I used watch. .. He was like a gateway drug. For I soon was exposed better highs with local affiliates … then the early good yrs of TWC completed by journey to full-on heroine 

Yeah wasn’t he the morning guy on one of the National shows?  I vaguely remember him and Al Roker overlapping at some point.

TWC in the mid ‘90s was my drug of choice :lol: