Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Major Hurricane Larry

WxWatcher007

3 hours ago, NorthHillsWx said:

Larry’s taking off this evening. Nice blowup of convection in the inner core and a warming eye. Outflow is incredible in all sectors. It looks to me like some mid level dry sir has been hampering the eyewall from closing off and this convection will likely do the trick in mixing that out. This storm will be a beast over the next couple of days, will be fun to watch evolve

Agreed. And this will be far from a fish storm. This will be a prolific swell producer that will lead to beach erosion and wash overs up and down the east coast. And being after prime beach season most beaches will not have life guards to keep idiots out of the water

• WxWatcher007 changed the title to Major Hurricane Larry

Annular atlantic hurricanes are a rarity compared to the other basins. I think there's only a 1% of all storms ever becoming annular there while in the pacific its closer to 3%

Interesting too that this is becoming annular around the same time and the same part of the basin as Isabel did in 2003. That's probably because the waters there aren't super warm since annular canes need 25c-28c water to form

• Like 3

Guidance is allowing greater confident this remains east of Bermuda and keeps them out of the core. The remaining threats would be large swells for the ECONUS seaboard and problems for maritime shipping interests. But direct landfall is becoming unlikely, which is good news. Hopefully no wild swings back west until the track is locked in..
dbcd6f2bb0addf853ca65a95ffa3359c.jpg

• Like 3

Like a small wound to Larry's eye. Filling in already, but weird.

OK, I'm not supposed to say anything, but I "hear" dropping high CBD hemp seeds into a hurricane eye can throw it off. I guess the eye relaxes. They tried high THC but the effects it made the eye tighter and turned it red.

Can't remember if it is Russia, China, or Jamaica. Whoever, maybe they are playing with Larry?

Damn long flight though from anywhere.

• Haha 1