• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September Discussion Thread: Bring the frost; kill the bugs.

moneypitmike

35 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

My gauge doesn’t work properly. Needs calibration. I’m just too lazy to do it.

14 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I also have an issue with a growing tree canopy giving me issues when there is wind. At this point I should sell my Davis lol. 

@ginx. I guess we know why he questions everybody’s totals now. He assumes they all have the same issues as he does! :lol:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Quality control and only just finding that? ;).  Gotta bust balls.  The mapping gives a much better visualization though, I’m with you on that.  Would be good to see a whole 6-months mapped out.

I knew  Cocorahs, just never looked at it.  I just look at whatever is easy to find. I’m lazy and don’t care as much as I get older.

4 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

I remember seeing pics of your yard. Seemed like you had open space. You were totally told where you could put it. Lol

I don’t want it in the front where it is more open. Eye sore. These trees in the back where my station is, have grown a lot. To the point where I may have to cut it back a bit. But my son also likes to do penalty kicks near my station too. I wonder if that throws off calibration. I just need to take time and work on this and anemometer,  but honestly there’s a lot more important stuff to do. In truth, all I care about is winter temps and snow measurements. 

45 minutes ago, kdxken said:

I don't know if I would call it many. That's out of 216 stations reporting.

rain.jpg

40 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

And you wonder why we question.

A scientific mind would look at the number of days the stations reported and understand.  A person with a garden rain Guage and a faulty tipper wouldn't understand . Also he sorted it wrong

Screenshot_20210928-215022_Chrome.jpg

27 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

A scientific mind would look at the number of days the stations reported and understand.  A person with a garden rain Guage and a faulty tipper wouldn't understand . Also he sorted it wrong

Screenshot_20210928-215022_Chrome.jpg

Also not sure what's up with th number of days reporting?? Newington had the fourth highest total and only 69 days reporting?

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

* says the guy with a garden rain Guage under the trees and a faulty tipper. Can't make it up. Lol. By the way why do you worry about what the neighbors think. Put up a 10 foot 4x4. Put some flowers around it put the wireless Davis on top.

I worry. A 4X4 post with a Davis in the middle of the front looks dumb. I don’t even like having it in the back. Ideally on roof, but that makes it suffix it to access.