• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September Discussion Thread: Bring the frost; kill the bugs.

moneypitmike

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Now that I’ve bump trolled, hopefully October torches. 40s and 50s are kinda useless unless you’re looking to melt snow. And even then our 62/62 torches are much more efficient. 

Yeah I’m with you.  Found no redeeming value to today unless you like to have a reason to stay indoors.  Today was the first real dark, overcast, rainy, chilly type day yet.  Just never seemed to get bright out at all.

Gotta start somewhere…at the picnic tables.

“Given 850 mb temperatures dropping between 0 and -2 C late Wednesday, the threat for some very light mountain snow showers continues to look plausible but will likely be confined to the evening and overnight hours as temperatures will only be marginally conducive for the potential of light snow. No accumulation is expected given antecedent soil and ambient temperatures but it marks the change of seasons across the North Country.”

How is everyone doing?

We are almost there.

I work weekends very early. Getting up at 5:30a these first few brisk days has given me incredible flashbacks to college. Waking up at the azz crack of dawn for football practice. I miss it, but I don't at the same time. 

I am very much looking forward to winter. I love it. Such an exciting part of the year. Our first cold shots of air coming our way. 

All of this rain and greenery about to be frozen dead within a month. Exciting!!!!

How is the outlook looking? @40/70 Benchmark

Are the hens getting laid? @dendrite

How fat are the squirrels this year? @weathafella

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah I’m with you.  Found no redeeming value to today unless you like to have a reason to stay indoors.  Today was the first real dark, overcast, rainy, chilly type day yet.  Just never seemed to get bright out at all.

Get out while you can . Move south. Snowier and more dews

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

How is everyone doing?

We are almost there.

I work weekends very early. Getting up at 5:30a these first few brisk days has given me incredible flashbacks to college. Waking up at the azz crack of dawn for football practice. I miss it, but I don't at the same time. 

I am very much looking forward to winter. I love it. Such an exciting part of the year. Our first cold shots of air coming our way. 

All of this rain and greenery about to be frozen dead within a month. Exciting!!!!

Earliest molt my birds have ever had. Usually it’s Oct/Nov. Some started early September this year and many are deep into it now. Maybe they know something?

8 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Earliest molt my birds have ever had. Usually it’s Oct/Nov. Some started early September this year and many are deep into it now. Maybe they know something?

One of the locals up here said the bees and wasps are going nuts which he says means big winter. A lot of the locals are expecting a big winter it seems. 

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

1 hour ago, DotRat_Wx said:

How is everyone doing?

We are almost there.

Just wait til @weathafella starts droppin the mutha fuuuuuukkkkkkkkas    :jerry:

• Like 2