• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September Discussion Thread: Bring the frost; kill the bugs.

moneypitmike

We need a killing frost ...

I have never seen a lawn growing, mosquito harvesting ad nauseam linger so fu-ing late in a calendar year, ever!  It's miserable in broad sunlight.  The tepidity of the sun is not warding them off anymore...so they're bobby around the knees and napes immediately - not a euphemism.  The moment one leaves the door, their whir and stings also psychosomatically induce one to start itching by pure association.   

I mean... this does not happen this late in the year.  And, my lawn is growing like bamboo, all species.  Thick deep lush green that feels like walking on a mattress - I'm sorry... but these are like metrics that are subtle and not really thought of as very alarming, and they ultimately probably are not,... but that is climate change allowing these aspect to do this. 

22 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

We need a killing frost ...

I have never seen a lawn growing, mosquito harvesting ad nauseam linger so fu-ing late in a calendar year, ever!  It's miserable in broad sunlight.  The tepidity of the sun is not warding them off anymore...so they're bobby around the knees and napes immediately - not a euphemism.  The moment one leaves the door, their whir and stings also psychosomatically induce one to start itching by pure association.   

I mean... this does not happen this late in the year.  And, my lawn is growing like bamboo, all species.  Thick deep lush green that feels like walking on a mattress - I'm sorry... but these are like metrics that are subtle and not really thought of as very alarming, and they ultimately probably are not,... but that is climate change allowing these aspect to do this. 

Yeah.  We went for a hike yesterday morning and had to cut it short due to the mosquitoes.  Can't recall them being this bad this late in the year before.    

13 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Why is it 59/54 and raining on my "mostly sunny with a high near 74" forecast?

May be related to the same reason why it was supposed to be mostly cloudy and showering last Saturday, but it was a blue bird 77 F sunny day with no wind and angels weeping with tears of joy -

Automations and convenience therefrom inexorably leads to stupification ...and it starts to show up with systemic failures in subtle ways.  

Seriously ...it's immediately turning clear behind this warm front that apparently doesn't exist at WPC ..when looking at all synoptic metrics currently ongoing there is probably a diffused one smearing through.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Yeah.  We went for a hike yesterday morning and had to cut it short due to the mosquitoes.  Can't recall them being this bad this late in the year before.    

I think the mosquitos have organized attack squadrons this year  ....it's been bad....so bad that I have to protect myself while  mowing the lawn...

• Haha 3