• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September Discussion Thread: Bring the frost; kill the bugs.

moneypitmike

2 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Why do we want it to be 50s during the day in September?  Gimme 70s.  Can do without the dews though.

I've been boiled in dews since April. I'm done with it.

People have had 6 months now to sit outside and tend their gardens and float in their pools. Time to shut 'em down. :) 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Getting an upslope shower now. LOL

I got absolutely drenched about two hours ago hiking on the mountain… those little suckers packed a punch.  Thing looked like nothing on radar but nope, still drying the pack and shoes out.

MVL only had 0.04” but it felt like a quarter inch on the hill… though rain can be deceiving.  I guess even a tenth is enough to thoroughly soak you if you just stand in it.

51F out now.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Why do we want it to be 50s during the day in September?  Gimme 70s.  Can do without the dews though.

The season progression is fun to watch at the different spots.  Sept 1st onward here was 70s after summer's back broke on that date (up here).

Of 26 days this month, 20 of them have had highs in the 70s (perfect)... 4 highs in the 60s and 2 days managed to touch 80F on the nose.

September high temp range so far has been 64F to 80F.  Can't draw up any better September temps IMO, and it seems like that time may be arriving for you guys in SNE now.

21 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Been stuck at 51 for a while on stiff breezes headed downslope to rt 2. Typical for here, but the radiator kings who stay clear should be set for a chilly night.

Plenty of clouds and gradient over here this evening, not allowing for warmth to vacate properly.  Suck in the low 50s here too.