• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September Discussion Thread: Bring the frost; kill the bugs.

moneypitmike

Euro has trended quite a bit colder later next week and beyond. It’s been missing the colder airmasses in Canada until T-minus 24hrs for a couple of weeks now while the Ukie and GFS have had them. Maybe a couple of chilly days in there with NE flow? At the least it should be seasonable. Maybe something to think about the next time we get trolled with warmth? Hopefully we can avoid frost. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Euro has trended quite a bit colder later next week and beyond. It’s been missing the colder airmasses in Canada until T-minus 24hrs for a couple of weeks now while the Ukie and GFS have had them. Maybe a couple of chilly days in there with NE flow? At the least it should be seasonable. Maybe something to think about the next time we get trolled with warmth? Hopefully we can avoid frost. 

Smoke in the air--but not from out west.

4 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Bath ME at over 5” since Friday

I picked a good weekend to stay in Mass.  I might even be able to mow the lawn this afternoon.

2 hours ago, moneypitmike said:

I was referring to Marion, MA.  Speaking of Marion, ME though, coincidentally I had mentioned how I wouldn't mind get a place in Machiasport.

RN+ just training over Pit 2 this morning.

:lol:  I'm familiar with the Marion Downeast - Parks and Lands has a nice beach property not far off the highway.  Was ignorant of Marion Mass until today.

Flash flood warning for you (written before learning you stayed in Pit 1) or maybe just to your north and extending into Penobscot Bay.  Had 0.24" overnight with the heavier stuff just to my east.  Yesterday it was just to my west.  However, JAS are currently 2.30" AN so we're not in bad shape, despite the May-June couplet being 6.14" BN.  Another 60° morning here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tamarack said:

:lol:  I'm familiar with the Marion Downeast - Parks and Lands has a nice beach property not far off the highway.  Was ignorant of Marion Mass until today.

Flash flood warning for you (written before learning you stayed in Pit 1) or maybe just to your north and extending into Penobscot Bay.  Had 0.24" overnight with the heavier stuff just to my east.  Yesterday it was just to my west.  However, JAS are currently 2.30" AN so we're not in bad shape, despite the May-June couplet being 6.14" BN.  Another 60° morning here.

I think Marion is the most beautiful town anywhere.  Maybe not if you're young and looking for night life.  But if you're looking for the quintessential coastal village (with no traffic of any type!!!!), it's the place.  Just off the Cape on the South Shore.

• Like 1

I'm having trouble with the purchase price of the Euro ...

That flow construct is completely convoluted, and that typically increases modeling error - but mostly.. it increases the probability of non-continuity in future runs anyway.  

Just my own observation ... that run tries to increase the geopotential gradients everywhere, between adjacent ridge and trough nodes, while keeping the wave lengths nebular and summer like. We'll see

• Like 1