• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September Discussion Thread: Bring the frost; kill the bugs.

moneypitmike

12 hours ago, backedgeapproaching said:

:lol: Don't think there was a rain total you didn't question in SNE all summer...lol.

My Davis is normally within a couple hundredths of my stratus on almost all events after I did a little calibration. I kind of know what your mean when I look locally at some PWS at times, some seem maybe off a bit at times, for the most part they seem OK. Plus the differences could be pretty drastic over short distances during convective season.

Because there are some bad stations out there. It doesn’t mean the observer isn’t telling by the truth. He or she is only as good as the instrumentation. Go on WU after a rain event and look at all those crazy obs. 

Trust me I know there are differences in a narrow area. I’m not trying to be an ob nazi.

• Weenie 1

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

Dude doesn't know about precip anomalies in short distànces in summer so brings up Logan temps. I await his fact checks this morning 

Saw that in my 'hood yesterday - 0.42" in my gauge as we never had even moderate rain save for 2-minute bursts.   Cocorahs obs 1.13" in Farmington next door and 1.69" in Temple, next to Farmington.  Lots of FF warnings last evening for Cumberland and Oxford Counties, but the big dumps, 2-3", were in the lower Penobscot Valley and on the Bay

2 hours ago, tamarack said:

Saw that in my 'hood yesterday - 0.42" in my gauge as we never had even moderate rain save for 2-minute bursts.   Cocorahs obs 1.13" in Farmington next door and 1.69" in Temple, next to Farmington.  Lots of FF warnings last evening for Cumberland and Oxford Counties, but the big dumps, 2-3", were in the lower Penobscot Valley and on the Bay

Some know some don't.  Questioning Cocorahs observers using Stratus gauges by comparing them to WU stations is like comparing Ray's winter forecast to George01's 

• Confused 1
  • Weenie 1

0730 AM     SNOW             10 SE ANCHORAGE         61.10N 149.72W09/24/2021  M16.5 INCH       ANCHORAGE          AK   TRAINED SPOTTER           CORRECTS PREVIOUS SNOW REPORT FROM 10 SE           ANCHORAGE. 16.5 INCHES THROUGH 09/24 7:30           PM. WIDESPREAD POWER OUT WITH TREE BRANCHES           BENT NEAR OR TO THE GROUND...POWER HAS BEEN           OUT FOR 13 HOURS.

Wish we lived there

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk