• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September Discussion Thread: Bring the frost; kill the bugs.

moneypitmike

44 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Euro may win this battle Saturday. Was hoping it would be wrong. GFS seems to be caving a bit. Wedding Saturday aftn.  Euro can't do shit with tropicals, but knows how to eff up the weekend.

Yeah Saturday is going to end up a washout for folks east of river, and cloudy with showers west of the river.  Sucks. 

7 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

72 for the low here, ties my highest low temp of the entire year....needed to wait until September 23rd to get to that point, sheesh

Farmington's mildest minima is supposedly 78 on Sept. 23, in 1895.  However, I'm convinced that's a measurement error as none of the few sites in that area with records that long had minima anywhere near that warm: Bridgton 60, LEW 59, Gardiner 58.  78 is also the max for 9/24/1895 and I think the minimum obs for 9/23 perhaps wasn't recorded so they inserted the next day's max.

Cloudy yesterday with "T" in brief dz, cloudy today and still dry.  Morn low about 63-64, norm is 43.

18 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

72 for the low here, ties my highest low temp of the entire year....needed to wait until September 23rd to get to that point, sheesh

It was 76/72 most of the night here but bottomed out at 75 for an hour. Normal low is 55 at HVN so a +20 departure.

It's been full sun all morning and its up to 80/73 now.

57 minutes ago, BrianW said:

It was 76/72 most of the night here but bottomed out at 75 for an hour. Normal low is 55 at HVN so a +20 departure.

It's been full sun all morning and its up to 80/73 now.

As warm as it has seemed, we're still only looking at departures of a degree or two above for the month. Also only one day of double digit departures. The month has been a very even keeled steady step down for a transition month that can have highs in the 90s followed by a morning in the 30s just a couple of weeks later. Probably thanks to lots of humidity which helps keep the range of highs and lows compressed.