• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September Discussion Thread: Bring the frost; kill the bugs.

moneypitmike

9 hours ago, Torch Tiger said:

We're gonna argue sauce vs. gravy vs. etc.  lol

what if it's jarred?  partially?  or canned?..but homemade....

With sausage meatballs , gravy,without sauce I guess. Viva Italia

Italians drink more wine, smoke more cigarettes, eat more sweets and carbohydrates, exercise less, and work fewer hours than their American counterparts and they live an average of 3.37 years longer than we do! ...

17 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

My ratio was 3.2 on my last panel. 

In theory … 4.1 is the margin /goal for ‘good’ …lower being better.  

Course it’s not one-size-fits-all. One’s genetics/other risk factors obviously matter. Those may require them to have a lower ratio, or higher ratio is acceptable depending. 

Bingo.  I've had BMI over 30 since before BMI was invented and statins have kept things under control for 2 decades.  My older brother, who is nearly as trim as when he graduated from West Point in 1965, has been on statins longer than I have.

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

With sausage meatballs , gravy,without sauce I guess. Viva Italian

Italians drink more wine, smoke more cigarettes, eat more sweets and carbohydrates, exercise less, and work fewer hours than their American counterparts and they live an average of 3.37 years longer than we do! ...

They also eat fewer processed, preservative laden foods, have less stress, eat enzyme rich fresh fruits and vegetables and get outside in the sun and fresh air more. 

• Like 1

I had a 47 here over the last month twice... Once in late August and then a couple weeks ago. This morning was 47-49 around town.  We are situated in the 'Nashoba Valley' here in Ayer. In fact, town hall on GPS is 223' elevation.  My commute to the office in the autumn and winter, typically will demonstrate that 'cold valley' phenomenon, with as much as a 10 F difference between my driveway and the climb-out nearing the Rt 2/ I-91 interchange.   I haven't driven the route now in 18 months due to this pandemic wfh standardization, but .. I can definitely imagine that this morning would have been one of those where it was colder down here than up on those interior ridge lines.  How much, who knows. 

The extended guidance ( day 7 - 10 ) really grinding as hard as they can.  By day's 9 and 10, all three, Euro, GGEM and GFS have worked hard in the days leading to erode in a +PNAP synoptic layout. To go with, they have the coolest 850 mb regime since last spring, sagging from the eastern Lakes thru New England.   Usually when they work that hard in that time range, something else ends up happening.

I'm not sure any of that would verify, too well ... The models, are routinely too amplified with troughs and ridges in the time range.  All doing so for their own reason.  But, as is, the GGEM would frost more convincingly and pervasively. The Euro and GFS could, but they also orient the lower tropospheric synopsis differently, with more SW flow ....  If their present versions of the trough verify just that less obtrusive, we actually end up in one of those deep southerly conveyor and humid.  Perfect set up for a drawing a TC up ... but unfortunately for those interested in that sort of thing, ..it almost seems the seasonal trend is to recurve.

8 minutes ago, Supernovice said:

appropriate:

Boy, now there's a rock act that really carved out an multi-generational impact as a seminal game changer ..

Sometimes when I feel like I do on this, well, life, I like to go and find someone else's embarrassment.  Lol. Like, some flash in the pan, "super relevancy" ...really more of a firecracker in a mine-field of historic a-bombs, and go relish in the tedium of their delusion of grandeur.

I haven't verified them just yet.. but usually when you see 'years active' with a big gap like this, 1995–2001   [         ]   2017–present, ...that means their money and fame ran out. So their selling the same old pap, hoping nostalgic cheese will rein back their numbers - if they can't rely upon younger new generational expose, one's the as usual,  believe whatever is new to them, must be new always.   We'll see -

Couple 30's in there up in the county.

ASUS41 KGYX 201005
RWRGYX
WEATHER ROUNDUP FOR MAINE AND NEW HAMPSHIRE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE GRAY ME
600 AM EDT MON SEP 20 2021

MEZ002-005-006-010-012-015-018-020-021-024-026-027-029-201100-
MAINE

CITY           SKY/WX    TMP DP  RH WIND       PRES   REMARKS
PORTLAND       PTCLDY    48  47  96 NW3       30.33R
SANFORD        CLEAR     43  42  97 CALM      30.33R
BAR HARBOR     CLEAR     45  44  97 CALM      30.33R