• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September Discussion Thread: Bring the frost; kill the bugs.

moneypitmike

9 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Good weather to make some sauce.

B89CB6B1-040D-4A6F-8700-391D2513035E.jpeg

Ho man ..that looks good. 

You could fish a couple them bangers out and lay 'em in a subroll with some sauteed peppers and cheese for during the game, and still have 'nough left for pasta later. 

...how does one get past the physiological apocalyptic LDL cholesterol tsunamis, though  LOL      Oh wait.  You're Italian, right ?  That means you probably have a built in genetic tolerance :lol:

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Ho man ..that looks good. 

You could fish a couple them bangers out and lay 'em in a subroll with some sauteed peppers and cheese for during the game, and still have 'nough left for pasta later. 

...how does one get past the physiological apocalyptic LDL cholesterol tsunamis, though  LOL      Oh wait.  You're Italian, right ?  That means you probably have a built in genetic tolerance :lol:

For the rest of us there are statins 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Only in selected people.  For most they’re kind of wonder drugs.  I wish my father had the benefit but he was born too early.

My mom suffered mighty because of statins and she didn't even need to be on them  her cholesterol was fine. Didn't find out for 2 years the Dr put her on them. When she started complaining about muscle pain we stopped them and so did her pain. Their are many examples, not only my anecdotal one.

18 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

My mom suffered mighty because of statins and she didn't even need to be on them  her cholesterol was fine. Didn't find out for 2 years the Dr put her on them. When she started complaining about muscle pain we stopped them and so did her pain. Their are many examples, not only my anecdotal one.

Not denying that but for most they work. It can be much more severe vs your mom’s symptoms and even potentially deadly.  But if people understand the potential and monitor for symptoms that’s enough.  For most people they are arguably life extending.   I started at ago 69, monitored carefully and nearly 6 years later I’m symptom free with an LDL around 50, total cholesterol 155, have always had high HDL hence the late start.

My ratio was 3.2 on my last panel. 

In theory … 4.1 is the margin /goal for ‘good’ …lower being better.  

Course it’s not one-size-fits-all. One’s genetics/other risk factors obviously matter. Those may require them to have a lower ratio, or higher ratio is acceptable depending. 

1 hour ago, Torch Tiger said:

Made some dank sauce last week...the base was fresh crushed tomatoes, onion, basil, oregano, crushed red pepper, a little tomato paste, touch of wine and like Ginx said, a heaping tbsp. of sugar to offset the acid.  

Nice, I have 5 freezer bags of gravy made from our garden ingredients.  Loving the Poblano peppers we grew this year,gives the gravy a nice flavor 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 78Blizzard said:

Midwest and south later this week 10-20°F BN, while we bake 10-15°F AN.  What's with the heat island up here?

15 minutes ago, 78Blizzard said:

Midwest and south later this week 10-20°F BN, while we bake 10-15°F AN.  What's with the heat island up here?

10-15BN?...

https://wdi.geos.tamu.edu/wdi.php?station=KOrd+&productCategory=model&dataType=NEWMRF&timePeriod=l

We’re no where near that much above also.   Did Kevin’s climo concepts seep into you?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1