• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September Discussion Thread: Bring the frost; kill the bugs.

moneypitmike

1 hour ago, DotRat_Wx said:

The drive from Dennis to downtown suckkkkked this morning

It’s not truly dense until you can’t see the lines through your windshield. I came back home from LSC late one night back in the late 90s and literally had to open my door while driving like 30mph on 93 south in the Woodstock/Campton area so that I could see the lines. Luckily it was like 2am and there was only like one car that passed us before the visibility rose a bit.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

It's only been like 64 for the high, so can't really say that...just moist AF.

Mowed this morning,  little damp. Two huge pileated woodpeckers on the dead oak tree didn't even budge. Tearing up some serious bark. Nice breeze offset so not bad. Thought today was going to be nice and sunny?

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Dews be back up here.  72/65 now after 50s this morning.

Crazy how quickly the body acclimates to drier air that 65F feels like the jungle again.  3-4 weeks ago 65F dew was almost chamber weather :lol:.

65 dew point always feels like the jungle. I don't know why people downplay it, calling it a touch, tad, bit, itty bitty, humid. I like authentically dry air, low 50s for the DP and below. Preferably the 30s for DP. Chapped hands and lips. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Weather_or_Not said:

65 dew point always feels like the jungle. I don't know why people downplay it, calling it a touch, tad, bit, itty bitty, humid. I like authentically dry air, low 50s for the DP and below. Preferably the 30s for DP. Chapped hands and lips. 

I like that phrase… “authentically dry air.”

15 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Actually I looked at OKX. It’s up there,  it probably under 90th percentile. 

At noon for the 18th of September at BDL the 1981-2010 normal dew point is 53.6. 90th percentile is 66.0 and 10th percentile is 41.0. At BDR it's 55.4/68.0/42.1 respectively. For BOS it's 54.3/66.0/41.0. ORH is 51.8/64.0/37.9.