• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September Discussion Thread: Bring the frost; kill the bugs.

moneypitmike

17 minutes ago, forkyfork said:

look, september isn't a winter month, and even though winter is warming too it still snows, and even though the snow tends to melt faster than it used to it's still dark and gray out, 

Mm... all thaaat, and

there's also vibe of drama-junkie withdraw syndrome.

I woke up this morning and saw a banal pallet of weather in all tech, everywhere.  Those teases in the tropics look much less interesting.  There's no sign of much seasonal migration to the general canvas... Even the heat signal appears like it's destined to be an 18 hour misty warm sector - followed by the shear horror of 0 SD in every direction... 

In here?  fights a times, and occasional annoying compressed tension thing.  

In a way it's funny. It's like if there aren't storms and drama on the charts, humans create the hysteria.  If there is drama out there, it is remarkably patient and understanding in here.  Lol

5 hours ago, tamarack said:

Why?  It was CAR's 2nd warmest August and 2nd warmest September, and easily the warmest for the couplet.

It's a psycho-babble support group in here, period.

Deal with it -

Rich irony there.  :lol:

Just the deep greeness of the foliage  is a bit shocking compared to the other pics

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah that’s nice. We’ll take that. 

The lowering sun angle and earlier darkness is noticeable.  Maybe that influenced my “corner turned” posts earlier. Shadows are now north facing and growing dark at times that used to feel mid-afternoon.  These temperatures aren’t cool to normal, just very enjoyable T/Td without being cold. People lighting wood stoves is the next benchmark up here IMO.

1 hour ago, mreaves said:

That fall was a blur for me. Both my parents were in the hospital/hospice with cancer so I was back and forth between here and GA most of that fall. I do remember there wasn’t much snow in Jan/Feb/March 16. 

That’s kind of 1995 for me.  My mother passed 11/29-the day of a nice 3-6 event.  We flew to Rochester and spent 10 days there.   Lots of LES.  Came back to the great winter of 1995-96.

7 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Summer’s back may be broken afterall. Tainted warmup next week and then we paralyze it for good?

Enjoy the swan song.

High pressure then establishes itself over
Southern New England Sunday into midweek, with above normal
temperatures, low humidity and dry weather. A cold frontal
passage around Wednesday night or Thursday ushers in a cooler
autumn-like air mass with below normal temperatures for late
next week into early next weekend.
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, powderfreak said:

The lowering sun angle and earlier darkness is noticeable.  Maybe that influenced my “corner turned” posts earlier. Shadows are now north facing and growing dark at times that used to feel mid-afternoon.  These temperatures aren’t cool to normal, just very enjoyable T/Td without being cold. People lighting wood stoves is the next benchmark up here IMO.

Definitely darker out.  At noon it feels like it's 3 PM lol. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mreaves said:

That fall was a blur for me. Both my parents were in the hospital/hospice with cancer so I was back and forth between here and GA most of that fall. I do remember there wasn’t much snow in Jan/Feb/March 16. 

Least snowy of my 23 winters here.  In fact, least snowy since 1973-74 in BGR, my 1st full winter in Maine.  And a December that might retain the #1 spot for mild temp for the rest of the century even if warming were to continue apace thru 2100.

Wonder how many sites in NNE have had their first frost. Of the 107 sites with published frost/freeze probabilities, 33 of them have passed their average first frost date based on the 1981-2010 normals.

Median date for 1st frost here is Sept. 19 and we haven't yet dipped below 40.  Maybe we frost week after next - only 2011 made it thru Sept w/o a frost here.