• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
September Discussion Thread: Bring the frost; kill the bugs.

moneypitmike

Just now, CoastalWx said:

I don't use that threshold because it's more for me. I like the sound and it being ice cold haha. Wife hates it. But to be fair, many nights it was needed. I just don't sleep well even with dews near 60.

Yeah but I bet if your neighbor had 72/50 as the monthly average right now you'd think the switch flipped too.  Doubt you'd be running the A/C.

Shocker that up in N.VT a poster thinks it's more autumn than those in SE Mass (:lol:) but I did think judging on the TAN numbers that there was a solid step down too.

It's all a sliding scale, ha.

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah but I bet if your neighbor had 72/50 as the monthly average right now you'd think the switch flipped too.  Doubt you'd be running the A/C.

Shocker that up in N.VT a poster thinks it's more autumn than those in SE Mass (:lol:) but I did think judging on the TAN numbers that there was a solid step down too.

It's subjective. No doubt it's sliding, but to me, hasn't had that back broken feel. Been many warm and humid days. When I look at the EPS in the longer range, that is more of a back broken feel. It's a dumb argument too..lol. Some people feel less days near 90 is back broken...but I am truly waiting for that autumnal feel of a more prolonged stretch of cooler, drier days and crisp nights. 

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Its a NNE thang i guess, This is not my definition of summer like weather, 63/52 today, We take.

16 minutes ago, forkyfork said:

what is it now? 9 out of the past 10 septembers above normal? that would get to me if i liked winter

Checked the Farmington co-op's last 10 years for each month, compared to the 1981-2010 norms.  September indeed is 9/10 AN but it's the only such month, though Jan and May are 8/10.  At the other end, April and Nov are 4/10.  The 12-month avg is 6.6 AN, not surprising as the late 90s forward has definitely shown significant warming.

8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

This is the guy next town over. No doubt it was cool to start, but lotsa of upper 70s to mid 80s too. He's at +1.2 to date thanks to the cool start.

image.png.f962716e96719d99db70ed95e17967ce.png

Ocean influences in late summer, no surprises.  Summer ends 3 rd week of September.  Back was broken when consistent HHH left us.

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Ocean influences in late summer, no surprises.  Summer ends 3 rd week of September.  Back was broken when consistent HHH left us.

LOL, I don't think so Tim. It's been warm and humid all around as of late. And we can revisit next week. Plenty of summer body surfing for you awaits. 

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It's subjective. No doubt it's sliding, but to me, hasn't had that back broken feel. Been many warm and humid days. When I look at the EPS in the longer range, that is more of a back broken feel. It's a dumb argument too..lol. Some people feel less days near 90 is back broken...but I am truly waiting for that autumnal feel of a more prolonged stretch of cooler, drier days and crisp nights. 

Then it will be fall, lol 

7 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Its a NNE thang i guess, This is not my definition of summer like weather, 63/52 today, We take.

We just torched so much in August that it feels real nice.  +5 in August is tough to do, that was “summer.”

I don’t know if I ran my A/C as much as I did in August this year.  This month has been one big breath of fresh air.

I think the trees are looking pretty decent all the sudden.

Just now, powderfreak said:

We just torched so much in August that it feels real nice.  +5 in August is tough to do, that was “summer.”

I don’t know if I ran my A/C as much as I did in August this year.  This month has been one big breath of fresh air.

August was terrible, Might as well live in florida during the summer, Glad its gone.

Remember all the hype when NOAA announced that July world wide was the hottest month ever? Remember the hype when they had to revisit and its no longer the hottest ever? Didn't think so. World is warming no doubt but manipulation of data, information to make hype and then backwalk it with little fanfare is the way of the world now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Lol a degree up until September 16th? Link. Remember when you said we would never see another summer month BN then July walked in the door. This isn't your urban heat island

yes, september is up a degree across most of the country

• Weenie 1

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Remember all the hype when NOAA announced that July world wide was the hottest month ever? Remember the hype when they had to revisit and its no longer the hottest ever? Didn't think so. World is warming no doubt but manipulation of data, information to make hype and then backpack it with little fanfare is the way of the world now.

they adjusted it down by .01 lol

• Weenie 1