• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
September Discussion Thread: Bring the frost; kill the bugs.

moneypitmike

Okay so I'm a student at Millersville University down in PA. We have a "chase crew" I'm apart of that, over the next year or so, will be chasing and collecting data from tornadic cells in the Northeast from PA all the way north into ME and using it for a research project. I need some insight from locals.... is southern NH and southern ME a bad spot to chase? I'd imagine it is. Also, it appears to be more of a straight line wind threat rather than tornados, would any meteorologists care to chime in? We talked to the met profs here and got mixed feelings

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Newman said:

Okay so I'm a student at Millersville University down in PA. We have a "chase crew" I'm apart of that, over the next year or so, will be chasing and collecting data from tornadic cells in the Northeast from PA all the way north into ME and using it for a research project. I need some insight from locals.... is southern NH and southern ME a bad spot to chase? I'd imagine it is. Also, it appears to be more of a straight line wind threat rather than tornados, would any meteorologists care to chime in? We talked to the met profs here and got mixed feelings

Hey there. Yea unless you can find a great hill top with open views New England is rough chasing terrain.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Dews up. Probably some good interior warmth next week. Atmosphere as a whole is torched, but might be some erly flow at the surface.

This ...

That is the last cheating attempt by the models of a summer that taxed heat for us using seemingly invented idiosyncrasies ...  before they then begin the falsely snowing on D10s for the next month. 

17 hours ago, Newman said:

Two thoughts....New England averages what...6 tornadoes a year? There would represent a lot of capital spent for an unlikely outcome. 

Also....chasing in New England is impossible. You're only hope of seeing anything is to park yourself on a big lake, golf course, hill, airport or beach and watch as the storms go by. Then forget about ever catching up to them again.

• Like 1