• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September Discussion Thread: Bring the frost; kill the bugs.

moneypitmike

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Ryan’s on air forecast this evening.. What a furnace. I’d like to compare this vs what the charts printed out a week ago

rlRzDDm.jpg

Wow…may not even hit 80° at your place if that verifies. That’s awesome wx for mid to late September. Wish we could get that here, but there’s more of a gradient up here next week.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Wow…may not even hit 80° at your place if that verifies. That’s awesome wx for mid to late September. Wish we could get that here, but there’s more of a gradient up here next week.

I was just looking at those temps with a 5-7F reduction from BDL to NE hills and thinking that’s damn near perfect weather.  10 days of highs mainly in the 70s outside the valley bottom?

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I was just looking at those temps with a 5-7F reduction from BDL to NE hills and thinking that’s damn near perfect weather.

He hasn’t hit 90.0°+ since June. With a persistent breeze on top of the hill it must be a refreshing relief from the real heat in the valleys.

6 minutes ago, dendrite said:

He hasn’t hit 90.0°+ since June. With a persistent breeze on top of the hill it must be a refreshing relief from the real heat in the valleys.

Haha, all joking aside though, you can tell we are seriously fighting climo now if that graphic is a torch.  It was only 2-3 weeks ago where a “torch” would be 10F higher and the numbers that start with 8 would start with 9.

My biggest take away is how fast we went from multiple days of 90-95F at BDL being a torch to now 80-85F is it.  Another step down and 70-75F will be a torch.

33 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Haha, all joking aside though, you can tell we are seriously fighting climo now if that graphic is a torch.  It was only 2-3 weeks ago where a “torch” would be 10F higher and the numbers that start with 8 would start with 9.

My biggest take away is how fast we went from multiple days of 90-95F at BDL being a torch to now 80-85F is it.  Another step down and 70-75F will be a torch.

There will be some warm days in the extended…especially down there. But the heat loses its potency this time of year with the lower sun angle. We need to be pushing records toward the equinox for it to be really uncomfortable for me that time of year.

1 minute ago, Supernovice said:

It literally pains me to agree with you about anything…But postponed the close and refilled the tanks on the heater…October swimming here we come.

A heater would make it nice.  But my pool is likely done for the season.  Too bad since some nice weather upcoming.   
What does a heater cost to install and run?

8 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

A heater would make it nice.  But my pool is likely done for the season.  Too bad since some nice weather upcoming.   
What does a heater cost to install and run?

5k for heater and install… I have two large propane tanks- those are free if you sign a contract with a gas co. Those are like $750 to refill. Usually do that twice, this yr 3 times. I’ve figured it heats mine (about 25k gallons) about two degrees per hour. I can’t recommend it enough tbh. This is my 2nd yr with it.

My neighbor put in an electric same time as me and he has to keep it running thurs- sun for weekend activities which I would imagine gets pricey.

• Like 1