• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September Discussion Thread: Bring the frost; kill the bugs.

moneypitmike

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

We’ll then that’s half the issue too, lol.  Like showing an aerial of a wildfire in California and saying it’s threatening Kansas.  

Most have a busy life , kids , etc and just are on auto pilot giving anything that doesn’t make sense the benefit of the doubt , bc most are watching their teams media or just checked out from life busy pace 

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

News media is deemed entertainment in a court of law 

Total clicks are king 

That's totally absurd. This is not even remotely close to entertainment. If news media is really deemed that then someone out there...or a group of people need to starting working on correcting that. 

If social media outlets (such as Facebook and Twitter) are "blocking" posts which provide misinformation which is being posted around then the same should be done for news outlets. 

19 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Most have a busy life , kids , etc and just are on auto pilot giving anything that doesn’t make sense the benefit of the doubt , bc most are watching their teams media or just checked out from life busy pace 

True but there should be some personal responsibility involved too.  Living as a zombie sounds terrible.

Anyway, great morning out.  Loving the great sleeping weather lately, waking up cold to shut windows.  Looks like an active evening up this way with storms.

F3D71DA1-E0B7-4088-855D-616BF4D31624.thumb.png.c6f41ea28e91942d5914054be4676f85.png

17 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

How is it even legal for crap like that to be published? 

The author of the article should be fired and whoever is responsible for allowing that to be published should be fired. 

anybody can post anything they want on Twatter, factual or not. complete cesspool. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

True but there should be some personal responsibility involved too.  Living as a zombie sounds terrible.

Anyway, great morning out.  Loving the great sleeping weather lately, waking up cold to shut windows.  Looks like an active evening up this way with storms.

F3D71DA1-E0B7-4088-855D-616BF4D31624.thumb.png.c6f41ea28e91942d5914054be4676f85.png

Keep it North. Send some over to lava.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SJonesWX said:

anybody can post anything they want on Twatter, factual or not. complete cesspool. 

As @STILL N OF PIKE mentioned, news organizations are not legally obliged to run truthful stories.  I take most reporting with a grain of salt unless I can find multiple sources.  Twitter is not a complete cesspool in so much as there are still some real journalists making on the ground reports.

50 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

As @STILL N OF PIKE mentioned, news organizations are not legally obliged to run truthful stories.  I take most reporting with a grain of salt unless I can find multiple sources.  Twitter is not a complete cesspool in so much as there are still some real journalists making on the ground reports.

Yup... just got to know how to separate the wheat from the chaff... not always easy, but doable.  Wxtwitter can be interesting...lol

• Like 1

It's uncomfortable today .. 

I mean it's only 84 here but for some reason it's got less patience about it.  Was going to do a long b-ride but it's too warm even for that.  I hate that. Plus the wind's swirling and that has way of always being in your face and resistant - weird. 

And what's up with the early slam shut tropics.   Not even the peak and there's nothing but Larry ... I guess that counts, but there's nothing coming. It's like hitting a lull during the peak....

11 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I mean it's only 84 here but for some reason it's got less patience about it.  Was going to do a long b-ride but it's too warm even for that.  I hate that. Plus the wind's swirling and that has way of always being in your face and resistant - weird. 

And what's up with the early slam shut tropics.   Not even the peak and there's nothing but Larry ... I guess that counts, but there's nothing coming. It's like hitting a lull during the peak....

Some interesting stuff coming off the coast of Africa albeit >7 days away.  The tendency for better ridging moving forward combined with the baseline La Niña suggests we’re not done.   It does look above normal temperature wise over and above recent baseline for the foreseeable future.  That’s good for me.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Reloading?  Same for the W. Pac, which had been unusually quiet for about 2 weeks but now as a super typhoon heading NW, may affect Taiwan, almost certain for China.