• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September Discussion Thread: Bring the frost; kill the bugs.

moneypitmike

6 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

There's also still EML hope!!!

image.thumb.png.393148ce4bf7a44c186f4b20ff1505d6.png

You should have had the Tstorm we had last night. Mega gust front then prolific lightning, rolling thunder so loud it shook the house along with white out rain. Best Tstorm in years. My best Tstorms alway roll in off the ocean. I believe we were severe warned but so many warnings were flying at 2 AM I am not sure

4 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

You should have had the Tstorm we had last night. Mega gust front then prolific lightning, rolling thunder so loud it shook the house along with white out rain. Best Tstorm in years. My best Tstorms alway roll in off the ocean. I believe we were severe warned but so many warnings were flying at 2 AM I am not sure

ughh that sounds awesome. Those are the best part of nighttime storms. This was just purely epic.

I don't know if this was posted at all but I was looking this morning and the remnant circulation of Ida actually strengthened as it moved across our region (which shouldn't come as a shock given that ulvl jet streak) but NHC had it up to 40 mph. I totally agree with you too...something along the lines of a "Tropical Storm" watch/warning should have been used. I mean who cares if it doesn't fit the scientific definition of it...I mean in terms of the science side I get in terms of public impact this was right up there with what you would expect from a TS. 

Same reasons why with severe they have your regular old severe thunderstorm/tornado watches and PDS watches...something higher scale to really communicate the more extreme risk. 

Maybe there needs to be consideration for additional types of flood watches...extreme flood watch, significant flood watch...idk something. Kinda dumb that a flash flood watch for 2-3'' in a thunderstorm tries to communicate the same as a 4-7'' rain event in the span of a few hours. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Probably swept out to sea along with our summer 

The rain believe it or not is going to help a lot with mosquitos… it got a lot of water flowing and mixed out.

I’ve been finding a ton of mosquito larvae on my route the last few weeks, today there was none. There is no bigger enemy to mosquito breeding than moving water 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

The rain believe it or not is going to help a lot with mosquitos… it got a lot of water flowing and mixed out.

I’ve been finding a ton of mosquito larvae on my route the last few weeks, today there was none. There is no bigger enemy to mosquito breeding than moving water 

Pick your poison up here. Mosquitoes in standing water or black flies in running water.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Cocadoodledewlessness.  I am the little red rooster. 48⁰ 

Can you feel it, can you feel it, can you feel it
Feel it in the air, the wind is taking it everywhere, yeah

Feels like fall this morning

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Dumb ass I would love to keep it open, read my responses. Wonder how your pool is today..See you at the beach for Jerry surf, if you got the balls keyboard warrior 

Hey why the name calling bro? I'm just saying if you love the pool so much why do you wish for ACATT that's all.....it's kinda strange. 

Anyway it does look like fall is here to stay so it looks like your offering of the pool closing to the Cold Gods worked. :ph34r::D

55 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

Hey why the name calling bro? I'm just saying if you love the pool so much why do you wish for ACATT that's all.....it's kinda strange. 

Anyway it does look like fall is here to stay so it looks like your offering of the pool closing to the Cold Gods worked. :ph34r::D

Who says I am ACATT? In winter hell yea. Dumb moniker for a man who loves the summer,grew up surfing and swimming, was a lifeguard. I love hot not humidity. You thought it necessary to call me out for closing my pool. 

Had to put the heat on for a bit in the car this AM...then had to switch to A/C when the sun angle started increasing. I HATE THIS TIME OF YEAR. Oh...I also saw leaves changing and some leaves down (not from wind...like leaves that had changed color and moved onto the afterlife). AHHHHHHH

• Weenie 2

1 minute ago, weatherwiz said:

Had to put the heat on for a bit in the car this AM...then had to switch to A/C when the sun angle started increasing. I HATE THIS TIME OF YEAR. Oh...I also saw leaves changing and some leaves down (not from wind...like leaves that had changed color and moved onto the afterlife). AHHHHHHH

Embrace it, football,soccer,baseball pennant runs. Hard cider, apple picking,  fall salt water fishing, cool mornings warm afternoons,  bugs going bye bye. Early to mid fall is perhaps the most beautiful time of year in New England 

• Like 4

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Embrace it, football,soccer,baseball pennant runs. Hard cider, apple picking,  fall salt water fishing, cool mornings warm afternoons,  bugs going bye bye. Early to mid fall is perhaps the most beautiful time of year in New England 

If I want beauty I'll look at a post card or a Picasso. If people want colors...buy a giant bag of skittles. 

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 2