• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
September Discussion Thread: Bring the frost; kill the bugs.

moneypitmike

14 minutes ago, PowderBeard said:

I was surprised it did so well with Henri. I remember Isaias it had like widespread 70-80 gusts across SNE and has overdone them in winter systems.

Henri was an actual storm with an eye-this is just remnants.   I've see it go hog wild on winds with other systems too and it seems overdone most of the time-maybe it scores the coup here. (although I would laugh if we got more wind out of this that the Henri bust)

I have signs of schizophrenia but part of me wonders if HAARPA or whatever that outfit is called is fixin to drown me based on private conversations I’ve had with clairvoyant folk. 

I’m not Monica Lewinsky

Seriously though my apartment is IN the river and I’m smack dab near the center of this upcoming action and the river has nearly flooded before this year, reaching a height that’s greatest since 2005

• Confused 4

1 minute ago, IowaStorm05 said:

I have signs of schizophrenia but part of me wonders if HAARPA or whatever that outfit is called is fixin to drown me based on private conversations I’ve had with clairvoyant folk. 

I’m not Monica Lewinsky

Seriously though my apartment is IN the river and I’m smack dab near the center of this upcoming action and the river has nearly flooded before this year, reaching a height that’s greatest since 2005

Hydro :damage:

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

Those Euro gust products are trash

Wind aside, the 12 HREF really got my attention. It'll be interesting to see how the high resolution guidance looks at this setup. Early on, it doesn't look pretty. I know for my area it has been a wild year for river flooding. A widespread high rainfall event could bring the worst flooding yet. 

34 minutes ago, SouthCoastMA said:

The CMC shows Larry missing the weakness in the ridge to the north as another one builds in. We'll see if other models start showing that but it's the outlier attm

Not to inflate those odds or nothin'  ... .don't need to do that around here   lol

but, the idea of the early recurve is/was more baseline topography of statistics given to the expanse of the basin and time, combined.  These CV systems are always favored to turn early by virtue of that.  It seems as tho the models shed steering out in time, and then the beta-drift takes over which biases the track right - once there it get hooked up with the westerlies... completing the turn on the D 7-9

Once in a blue moon, a CV cyclone evolves and the models keep it south on a west motif ...But, I think if we looked at all historic modeling for systems that affected the Americas, that were of CV origin ... it wouldn't shock me if more than half were modeled to either turn early, or had the duck tail toward the right motion in the extended, but corrected left along their way. Of course and obviously, some also do turn early. 

7 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

They cried south.. we screamed turn your upside down monitors right side up. It’s north. They cried no , it’s south.  We screeched .. it’s north . They woke up this morning demanding it was south. 

North

You're calling it lately!

XRay or CT Scan With Horseshoe Up Arse: picrequests

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1