• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Post-Tropical Ida (Cat 4 hurricane @ Landfall @12:55pm EDT, 40 mph, 998 mb, 28 mph NE) - possible area flood impact, tornadoes, and severe weather

Hurricane Agnes

I chased Mullica Hill with 4 other friends guys. Un-*******-believable damage. I've never seen anything like this in my life. At least an EF4. Saw the wall cloud and strong rotation, but we were in an open field to the SE of the storm away from it. We then drove on the backside of the storm and caught the damage. House's leveled, trees absolutely sheared apart. My images are too big to post here for some reason

• Like 8
  • Weenie 1

I have had on and off heavy rain and am currently at 4.96" for the event with light rain (4.4" from round 2).  The big news here is that the temp is down to 65 with dp 65, so definitely cooler and probably more stable here.

Radar still has a back edge back in Lancaster County with what looks like some heavier returns further east so expect to get over the 5" mark at some point overnight.

• Like 1

Still getting the light to moderate rain and am over that 5" mark (currently 5.05" total for today).  Temp is down to 64 and there are now some city near stem creeks and rivers out of their banks!

Schuylkill at Norristown flooding, Wissahickon has leveled off since it's probably completely covering Lincoln Drive.  Schuylkill at the falls is just above flood stage and the Schuylkill at 30th St. is getting close to flood stage.

USGS.01473500.121511.00065..20210825.20210901..0..pres-schuylkill-at-norristown-953pm-09012021.png

USGS.01474000.121529.00065..20210825.20210901..0..pres-wissahickon-at-mouth-952pm-09012021.png

USGS.01474500.121540.00065..20210825.20210901..0..pres-schuylkill-at-phila-950pm-09012021.png

USGS.01474501.121551.00065..20210825.20210901..0..pres-schuylkill-30th-st-949pm-09012021.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tom said:

this is the end of the Mullica Hill tornado as is passes over the Burlington Bristol Bridge   

https://www.facebook.com/auner08/videos/3972512502853080

Wow.  I guess it briefly became a waterspout going over the water and that Delaware River water must have been worse than drinking Schuylkill Punch and just killed the thing. :blink:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Newman said:

I chased Mullica Hill with 4 other friends guys. Un-*******-believable damage. I've never seen anything like this in my life. At least an EF4. Saw the wall cloud and strong rotation, but we were in an open field to the SE of the storm away from it. We then drove on the backside of the storm and caught the damage. House's leveled, trees absolutely sheared apart. My images are too big to post here for some reason

It would be quite surprising, and unprecedented, to see an EF5, given their rarity here--iirc the strongest Philly area tornado was an EF4 that hit the north broad part of town coming down from Norristown over a century ago. But that radar signature was definitely something else. I stopped what I was doing at work and remarked to a coworker, "this is the strongest tornadic signature I may have ever seen around here"--I am not at all shocked by your report. Certainly seemed EF3+ based on the debris sig and definitely based on the videos. Not something you expect to see in the Philly area. Last year we had a couple strong ish ones from Isias EF2 level...but tonight was just shocking. 

I will add with that line earlier tonight it felt like everything was rotating to some extent at some point. I went outside a couple of times and in addition to the ground scraping LCLs there was just so much non linear motion on everything. It seems rather clear that there must have been some local enhancement of the low level wind field to cause this degree of widespread and significant damage. It will be interesting to read the storm reports when they come out....honestly I just hope no one died. When I saw that sig earlier that was my first thought. Not something something I'd want to be in. 

• Like 5
  • Weenie 1

Getting another heavy blip over me with almost over 3/4" per hr rates and am now up to 5.20" for the event so far.   This time I'm getting some winds...  It's almost like one of those windy rainy fall days now.  Temp is 64 with dp of 63.

I think my Stratus holds 11" so hopefully I won't have that much in there when all is said and done when I finally go out to check it for comparison to the station. :yikes:

• Like 1

Just now, mattinpa said:

Still under a flood emergency but everything is ok at my house. It appears central/northern Montco stayed in the heavy rain threat more than the severe threat. 

I feel for everyone cleaning up. Tomorrow will unfortunately be a busy day for surveyors and those affected. 

Yep, I expect to see many...many 10+" totals. 

• Like 1

• Hurricane Agnes changed the title to Post-Tropical Ida (Cat 4 hurricane @ Landfall @12:55pm EDT, 40 mph, 998 mb, 28 mph NE) - possible area flood impact, tornadoes, and severe weather