• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Post-Tropical Ida (Cat 4 hurricane @ Landfall @12:55pm EDT, 40 mph, 998 mb, 28 mph NE) - possible area flood impact, tornadoes, and severe weather

Hurricane Agnes

7 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

Thankfully nothing doing here. Scary few minutes though, wish I could explain how the sky looked, just very ominous and black with clear rotation in the clouds. 

I had the same thing earlier.  Was moments away from basement.  Yet that what these hurricanes do when and if the reminents reach our area.

Over 7” so far. Garage and basement wiped out again (still paying off Isaias damage).

I’m out, calling we-buy-any-house-.com tomorrow. Been wanting to move to a more snowy climate. I’m taking this as a sign from God it’s time to get my butt in gear! 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

1 minute ago, BBasile said:

I'm still kind of in awe of that tornado.  What a beast.  Have to to take a break.  My mind is fried from tracking that storm and updating family in the path.  I don't know how NWS mets do it all day with all those storms.  Kudos to them for their work today.  

I would think pure adrenaline and love for the job. :thumbsup:

I will say - you can't say they didn't "warn" people.  TORs and FFWs have been flying all afternoon and evening and good use of the EAS because that damage looks pretty bad from the tornadoes.  And we haven't even seen the poor people who keep getting flooded out by the creeks they may live near. :(

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

I will say - you can't say they didn't "warn" people.  TORs and FFWs have been flying all afternoon and evening and good use of the EAS because that damage looks pretty bad from the tornadoes.  And we haven't even seen the poor people who keep getting flooded out by the creeks they may live near. :(

I agree.  Fantastic job by Mt Holly, other local offices, and the SPC.  

3 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

Over 7” so far. Garage and basement wiped out again (still paying off Isaias damage).

I’m out, calling we-buy-any-house-.com tomorrow. Been wanting to move to a more snowy climate. I’m taking this as a sign from God it’s time to get my butt in gear! 

Ouch man that's awful. Yeah time to move to a high elevation 100 year floods have become common. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Agreed. The rain and tornado threat has been talked about for days. But boy was that one tornado large. I am even wondering if it was an EF-4.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

Sorry about the damage...

You thinking New England or where? 

• Hurricane Agnes changed the title to Post-Tropical Ida (Cat 4 hurricane @ Landfall @12:55pm EDT, 40 mph, 998 mb, 28 mph NE) - possible area flood impact, tornadoes, and severe weather