• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Post-Tropical Ida (Cat 4 hurricane @ Landfall @12:55pm EDT, 40 mph, 998 mb, 28 mph NE) - possible area flood impact, tornadoes, and severe weather

Hurricane Agnes

5 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

For me it's 6+", flooding, fishing off my front, floating cars or bust. I care less about 1-2"...

You got a nado watch now issued so if your really lucky throw a flying cow into that mix

* There is a coyote den in the woods across the street, can it get better than flying coyotes?

• Weenie 1

14 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

What is there really to talk about till it happens? Same goes w/T-storms. We all know there's a good chance.

Tornado watch has already been issued for Balt/MD areas and they'll probably extend it into NJ...

A Tornado Watch has been issued for Anne Arundel, Howard, Montgomery, Prince Georges, Carroll, Frederick, Cecil, Baltimore, Harford, Calvert, Charles and St. Marys counties and Baltimore City lasting through 7 p.m.

Dang someone is spicy today,

Same things we always talk about with weather… model output parameters, timing, forecasts etc.

Not sure why everyone is freaking out over 1-2” of rain when we could have a banner tornado outbreak today. I think from I-95 south east the rain is going to be a major fail today. NW of there is fair game for the heavy rain totals

• Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, Lady Di said:

Co worker was just outside and said, they may have messed this up!!  It might go right around us!   I just sent him the TOR watch.   LOL

Just tell your coworker this “lull” was well modeled/expected. We should start seeing flying cows after 4pm or so.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blizzard-on-GFS said:

Dang someone is spicy today,

Same things we always talk about with weather… model output parameters, timing, forecasts etc.

Not sure why everyone is freaking out over 1-2” of rain when we could have a banner tornado outbreak today. I think from I-95 south east the rain is going to be a major fail today. NW of there is fair game for the heavy rain totals

I do agree that the TOR outlook has certainly picked up, if it wasn't already pretty high to begin with.

22 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

I *think* the warm front is on the move north.  Temp here has crept up to 73 after being in the upper 60s most of the morning and early afternoon, but the dp is moving up now too and is at 70 (was in the mid-upper 60s earlier).  The band to the west is creeping slowly east.

71F / DP 70F

You can definitely feel the DP increase (tropical feel) but w/the temp at 71F, overcast and nice breeze it feels pretty good, windows open...

7 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

71F / DP 70F

You can definitely feel the DP increase (tropical feel) but w/the temp at 71F, overcast and nice breeze it feels pretty good, windows open...

Streamers of stuff starting to advect in from the SW along the band west of here.  Some might be hitting Paul soon in Chesco.

• Hurricane Agnes changed the title to Post-Tropical Ida (Cat 4 hurricane @ Landfall @12:55pm EDT, 40 mph, 998 mb, 28 mph NE) - possible area flood impact, tornadoes, and severe weather