Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Flash flood potential 2PM Fri Aug 27-2PM Sat Aug 28

wdrag

2 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

Agreed, there are much cheaper ones than this out there that do a reasonable job. 

Mine wasn't a name brand though it had a glass cylinder and a container outside of that.  There was a 10:1 ratio between the size of the funnel opening and the smaller cylinder inside so it actually measured in hundredths of an inch rather than the tenths it was marked for.  The most you could measure at once was 1 inch (10 inches on the cylinder).  Fine for the late 80s not so much now haha.  I used to measure snow with that too, by taking the cylinder out and measuring how much snow fell in the outer container.  I dont know what happened to it, one day I woke up and it was gone.  Likely the garbage man threw it out.... or stole it.

Then I had one of those digital ones with the remote display which I got in October 2005.  Worked wonderfully for a month or two before it wouldn't display rainfall totals anymore no idea why.  I actually have another digital unit (complete weather station with wind direction and speed indicator and rainfall gage but since it's another digital one I'm scared to put it outside and it get messed up lol.)  I'll just get another one of these glass cylinders and stick it in some part of my yard where no one can see it.

8 minutes ago, Will - Rutgers said:

i mean it's not bad for 3 AM i can definitely give you that

and total total lack of flow.

it's the old, 30% iso storms, and where they land they flood.

i bet someone somewhere in this GIF has 15 inches this month

Yeah probably.  

Areas just to my west have 1.5-2" in the last hour.  0.02 here with storms all around me.  Decent lightning.  

Suffolk is the latest location this summer to require water rescues from cars. 3.39” so far in Bayport.

Station Number: NY-SF-125  Station Name: Bayport 1.0 SSE
Observation Date 8/28/2021 7:00 AM
Submitted 8/28/2021 6:29 AM
Total Precip Amount  3.39 in.
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, bluewave said:

Suffolk is the latest location this summer to require water rescues from cars. 3.39” so far in Bayport.

Close to 2" here in SW Nassau too!

6 hours ago, bluewave said:

was that the highest total from the overnight storms on Long Island? so the storm got wetter as it moved further east?  We got 2" between 5 and 6 am here

• Rjay unpinned this topic