• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Windspeed

5 hours ago, Wmsptwx said:

Yeah, much much smaller communities in path of worst of storm. New Orleans looks to make out good with just outer bands.

5 hours ago, Wmsptwx said:

All those takes last night of it going east we’re premature.

You sweating yet? I know you’re reading all the posts about catastrophic power failures…

Just now, ldub23 said:

Reminds  me  of the  1992 season and Andrew. It was a  1 storm season. Right  now we  have  2 other tropical systems and they are both in horrid  conditions.

It is really early to call it a one storm season and compare it that way when we are not even in September yet. Also the US had another devastating hurricane that year:  Iniki.

• Like 2

Just now, sojitodd said:

It is really early to call it a one storm season and compare it that way when we are not even in September yet. Also the US had another devastating hurricane that year:  Iniki.

Hell yeah! Iniki! Love a good rare reference. You want to talk about a storm that was one of a kind that none of us will ever see again? There ya go. 

• Like 2

Just now, KPITSnow said:

And honestly, the “need help”tweet…you put yourself in that place, no one should go get him.

Why? They flew josh out of tacloban on a c-130. If some yahoo on a jet ski wants to save these kids I don’t mind. 

6 hours ago, Will - Rutgers said:

even adjusted for inflation that seems very unlikely although i'm sure the infrastructure at Port Fourchon is quite expensive.  one wonders how the area's infrastructure has been hardened since Katrina.

look, Katrina destroyed New Orleans, a major American city, and Ida simply isn't taking that kind of path.  we'll see though.

feeling substantially less confident about my original post

1 minute ago, Hoosier said:

Haven't heard anything from my friend in Metairie.  I haven't been able to follow this much today but from what I can tell, although it's probably not going great there, the worst conditions are a bit west of there?

The airport is west of there(at least 5 miles) and they have been getting gusts recently up to 90 mph so probably not quite as bad there. 

19 minutes ago, Tezeta said:

Why? They flew josh out of tacloban on a c-130. If some yahoo on a jet ski wants to save these kids I don’t mind. 

After the storm fine. Until then, if worst comes to worst, the marine life/and fauna will be stressed and need food sources too-think of the wildlife and the animals! Think of the shrimp!